Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is looking for a Manager of Tier 2 Support, reporting directly to the Director of Customer Support and overseeing our team of Technical Support Engineers.Our
Technical Support Engineers are our Tier 2 team, handling escalations from the Tier 1 Support team to help our customers with technical issues about our product. Your responsibilities will include managing a distributed team across our offices while working closely with leadership and your peers to maintain a high standard of customer support across our global offices. Our team prides itself in providing amazing support to our rapidly growing customer base and we strive to go above and beyond for our customers. Our success is measured by how responsive we are and how many expressions of love we get from our customers. You’ll play a crucial role in ensuring that your team supports this vision even as the company scales in size.
- Directly manage our Support Engineers in San Francisco, Toronto, Atlanta, and Sydney, and provide support to the Support Engineers in London
- Work with your peer managers and the Director of Support to maintain consistency across all teams with process and quality of Support
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with all of your direct reports, providing assistance as needed and constructive feedback to help your team be successful
- Conduct regular performance reviews of all of your direct reports
- Onboard and train new hires, using your team as resources where necessary
- Manage Tier 2 support metrics and workload, including shift schedules to ensure sufficient resources and a high standard of quality
- Manage your team’s contributions to our support documentation, integration guides, and API documentation
- Recruit and hire top talent as the team and business scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience in a technical support capacity, supporting customers using an Enterprise Software or SaaS solution
- Hands on experience managing customer issues through a ticketing solution (such as Zendesk)
- Prior experience taking calls directly from customers in a technical support capacity
- Be willing to occasionally alter your schedule to be available for your team as needed
- Experience writing code in a popular scripting language such as Ruby, Python, Perl, or others.
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Know your way around Unix systems and tools
- The ability to be highly organized in instructing and advising others while also staying on top of your own work
- An excellent work ethic and attention to detail
Nice to Haves
- Leadership/management experience within a support or similar environment
- Experience working with tools that integrate with PagerDuty, such as Nagios, Zenoss, Zabbix and ServiceNow
- Experience working closely with team members in a different time zone
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives
. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected]
and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.