Customer Support Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: Customer Service
Semaphore is looking for our next Customer Support Manager to lead the support team. This is a rare opportunity to join an established and growing tech company of around 25 people.
Semaphore is a leading platform for testing and deploying code. Our customers are companies across more than 100 countries, from teams in industry heavyweights to startups just about to make their dent in the universe. What they all have in common is a need to move as fast as possible — and Semaphore enables them to do that.
The Support team's goal is making our customers' experience awesome. Our customer support happiness score is always above 90% and is one of the reasons why Semaphore is rated as #1 in its industry. The support team answers inquiries ranging from billing and user management to complex technical questions.
This is a remote position. Because of time overlap with the rest of the team, we'll consider candidates based in Europe only.
Working hours are full time, 40 hrs/wk Mon - Friday, flexible working time with a start between 8am - 10am. The initial probation period is 3 months.
Do you have?
- At least 5 years working experience including 2 years experience in managing a team?
- Ability to understand and keep customer needs paramount at all times?
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English?
- Ability to prioritise and close feedback loops quickly?
- Sceptical eye of the status quo and continuously finding ways to improve repeated tasks and processes?
- Strong interpersonal skills including empathy to support, motivate and lead a team?
- Effectiveness in building relationships with colleagues and across different teams?
- Being proactive and self- motivated?
- Experience/comfortable with using project management and productivity tools, such as Basecamp, Google Drive?
- Ability to remain focused in a challenging, fast-paced work environment?
- A positive "can-do" attitude?
plus points if you have:
- experience working remotely
- experience working for SaaS or in a software development environment
- a genuine interest in Tech markets
- experience with international markets ( USA, UK, Germany, Australia or Canada)
- Lead our support team, including external collaborators.
- Coordinate and project manage the resolution of tickets by collaborating with and coordinating our Technical Support Team to ensure fast resolutions.
- Collaborate with other teams on ticket escalation.
- Collaborate with other teams as the “voice of the customer”, driving issue resolution and gathering feedback to improve the product.
- Manage documentation processes, identify shortcomings and propose solutions.
- Set clear expectations for employees regarding day-to-day responsibilities, work assignments, and expected behaviours.
- Support the long-term career growth and development of the team, helping them to build and enhance their skills.
- Lead regular stand-ups and one-on-ones with team members.
- Manage routine operations and logistics of the team and maintain a proficient understanding of the business.
- Keep track and propose improvements on KPI's and metrics.
- Lead the team in defining quarterly OKR's.
- Make sure our internal Support Playbook up to date.
Working at Semaphore
- The impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market.
- Join a small team of around 20 full-time people who love what they do.
- A healthy 40-hour work week, friendly and supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company retreats.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice.
- Interact with developers that use Semaphore and talk about the latest and greatest way to develop and ship software.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice
Semaphore is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈