Customer Support and Deployment Specialist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK
Category: Customer Support / Customer Success
Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security operations, threat intelligence, incident response and security leadership), ThreatConnect’s intelligence-driven security operations platform is the only solution available today with intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in a single platform. Centralize your intelligence, establish process consistency, scale operations, and measure your effectiveness in one place. To learn more about our threat intelligence platform (TIP) or security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions, visit ThreatConnect.com.
ThreatConnect is the most comprehensive Threat Intelligence Platform on the market today. Our platform is used by thousands of organizations, and over 40 of the Fortune 100, to help them quickly aggregate, analyze, and act on their threat data to mitigate risk and threats to their network security.
We're looking for a talented and experienced Customer Support and Deployment Engineer that can hit the ground running in a fast paced, quickly evolving environment. The position will report to the Director of Customer Success and will provide solutions based support to the company’s most important customers. The right candidate will bring technical skills required to deploy, troubleshoot, and support the ThreatConnect product, related technologies, and integrations. Deployment and Support Engineers are the front line in getting ThreatConnect customers up and running in a quick and impactful way and support them technically through the lifetime of the customers with ThreatConnect.. Their expertise, combined with their abilities to work with various teams onsite or remotely with the customer, allows them to ensure that customer relationships start off on the right foot.
This position entails travel to customer sites as required to help deploy ThreatConnect on premise instances, supported integrations, or other underlying technologies as necessary. Deployment Engineers will depart from the customer location leaving the customer satisfied and confident that they are ready to begin leveraging ThreatConnect to accomplish their major goals. Between deployments, Engineers are responsible for providing assistance to the Support Specialists and innovating our deployment technology alongside our growing product and customer base.
This role also requires the ability to understand and troubleshoot a wide range of customer issues, from usability questions to technical configuration issues. The right individual will be able to log and update cases, inform customers of case status, and provide solutions as they become known. They will also be responsible for identifying and addressing gaps in customer understanding by growing the documentation, knowledge base, and training materials as appropriate.
Customer Support Specialists must collaborate internally across Sales, Product Management, Engineering, and Customer Success to identify timely solutions to customer problems. They must also work with customers’ analysts, engineers, and other support staff to understand issues, troubleshoot in a variety of environments, and convey solutions effectively. Strong communication skills, both written and oral, are just as vital as technical expertise and critical thinking ability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Travel as necessary to conduct installation and configuration of ThreatConnect platform and its supporting technologies and integration
- Work within customer environments across a variety of teams (IT, networking, security/compliance, etc.) to ensure that ThreatConnect can be deployed as required in lab, QA, development, and production environments
- Work with internal stakeholders to maintain and innovate existing deployment methods, technologies, and documentation as necessary
- Stay up to date on the latest ThreatConnect platform and integration offerings as they affect deployments
- Coordinate scheduling and availability with internal teams and external partners/customers alike
- Provide deployment-related support as necessary regarding preparations, troubleshooting, etc
- Track data to identify patterns in deployments for eventual identification of common problems, product deficiencies, and future scheduling needs
- Coordinate deployment training with internal employees, partners, and customers as appropriate
- Provide support to customers throughout installation, upgrade, and day-to-day use across a variety of browsers and operating system (Windows/Linux)
- Demonstrate a firm grasp of networking technologies (firewalls, routers, switches) and network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, etc.) by identifying and troubleshooting potential network issues affecting product operations
- Diagnose application behavior as communicated by customers or captured via code output, system logs, Java stack traces, etc.
- Work through complex customer use cases and isolate core issues, whether they are rooted in product, technical, process, or user causes
- Identify customer pain points and communicate needs with appropriate internal parties
- Contribute to the prioritization and communication of customer pain points in a timely fashion
- Work with other Customer Success employees to implement scaling efforts (automation, new tool integrations, reporting) as required by a growing customer base
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field or related discipline OR equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of a wide variety of security solutions and technologies, including deploying and troubleshooting: JBOSS, MySQL, SAP HANA, Linux, Windows Server, Network architecture/implementation/configuration experience, Firewall technologies, proxy technologies
- Comfortable following written technical instructions for various technologies and identifying/pursuing fixes as needed
- 3+ years customer-facing experience in the computer network security industry
Organization skills to manage and coordinate a schedule with multiple competing stakeholders
- Customer facing skills to ensure proper communication when preparing, conducting, and concluding onsite deployments
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting custom enterprise software, Desk.com and JIRA experience preferred
- A passion for problem solving and an eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to discuss abstract or technical concepts
- The ability to work with internal and external parties spanning a range of positions and technical expertise
- Above average organizational skills, and a “self-starter” mentality as well as great attention to detail
- Above average time management skills and the ability to work with little supervision
- Comfortable leveraging API integrations (SIEM, Firewall, Intelligence feeds, etc.) and working with a variety of technologies in a dynamic customer environment
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!