Customer Support Agent
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
Minerva's Support team aims to deliver a world-class support experience, ensuring that partners are able to teach effectively and with minimal disruption on Forum, Minerva's full active learning platform. Support is provided during and outside of class, including assisting users – instructors and students – with resolutions to technical issues; answering questions about the platform; documenting bugs and solutions; and escalating technical issues to Product Engineers as needed.
The Customer Support Agent will play a critical role in addressing higher order tasks on the team in addition to providing frontline support for live classes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing technical reports summarizing technical issues and resolutions
- Responding to questions via our support chat feature, LiveChat
- Answering Help Desk emails
- Triaging and escalating software bugs
- Investigating bugs and complex support questions
- Scheduling frontline support agents for shifts
- Observing live classes on Minerva's platform
Most support interactions take place via Slack, so we are looking for someone who can interact via typing in real time with a professional but friendly and empathetic manner. The role also offers the flexibility to work from home while gaining experience at a company leading education innovation.
- Works well under pressure: All support agents respond in real time to incoming requests for help from both faculty and students during live classes
- Quick learner: The Customer Support agent is expected to learn and understand processes, solutions, and best practices from existing documentation and guide users to implement those solutions
- Entrepreneurial perspective: We expect that the Tier 2 agent will identify, document, and address new tech or support issues not covered by existing documentation
- Tech savvy: Comfortable with writing technical reports and analyzing data
- Systematic thinker
- Perceptive and quick to recognize patterns
- Friendly, patient, and empathetic
- Ability to effectively communicate with users across many cultures
- Attention to detail
- Strong communicator — written and spoken
- Self driven and works well independently
- 1-2 years in a Support agent role for a tech company
- Fluent in English. Other languages a plus but not required
- Familiarity with Slack, Notion, Google Sheets, and Asana a plus
About the Minerva Project
Founded in 2011, Minerva Project is the world's leading educational innovator, preparing exceptional, lifelong learners to address the most complex challenges of our time. Minerva's mission, to nurture critical wisdom for the sake of the world, is being pursued through its flagship university programs and select strategic partnerships. Minerva designs and delivers transformative educational programs to learners at multiple stages—from secondary school students to undergraduate and graduate degree candidates to working professionals and executive leaders.
Forum is Minerva's core technology platform, delivering the world's most advanced classroom in service of Minerva's educational vision. Learn more about Forum at https://www.minervaproject.com/solutions/forum-learning-environment/.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈