Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and ran with our code.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment. Individuals, strong on aptitude and attitude, will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) plays an integral role in our success at Chef. The Customer Success Manager works directly with our customers to help them achieve their business objectives with the Chef product suite. The CSM is coupled with a dedicated Customer Architect and works together with them and others to develop solutions to our customers most difficult problems. The CSM leads the relationship, ensures the customer has access to the necessary resources and helps guide them along their DevOps journey.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience as a Customer Success Manager for a SaaS company
- Have experience in managing 1:many accounts. The Customer Success Manager will manage customers in our corporate segment and will have an account load of up to 50 customers.
- Understand DevOps automation and have a compelling point-of-view on the value of DevOps
- Demonstrate executive presence and the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Have a “service mindset” that compels them to deliver value and help
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a portfolio of customers to drive greater business value and ensuring our customer’s Chef investment is being optimally leveraged
- Support Sales efforts to articulate customer on-boarding experience and success program
- Project Manage the customer on-boarding experience and own the customer post sale
- Proactively drive customer adoption and look for opportunities to increase overall contract value
- Work closely with the expansion sales team as opportunities are identified
- Position Success Subscriptions and Services offerings, as needed
- Understand and Manage Customer Health in a proactive fashion
- Improve Customer Experience & Customer Satisfaction by helping them achieve their stated business outcomes
- Implement action plans and playbooks that drive key metrics for the CSM
- Lead strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journeys, maturity models, voice-of-customer, and product feedback
- Make customer renewals a non-event by driving a results-based engagement pattern.
- Customers should understand the value they are getting from Chef’s products and services and the CSM provides the ongoing engagement patterns to ensure they keep our customers’ business.
- Provide feedback to Sales, Product and Marketing on patterns you see with Customers that will allow us to more efficiently scale our business
- Build strong relationships and collaborate cross-functionally to drive market readiness, sales handoffs, customer marketing, training actions, services deployment, and effective support
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of customer/account management experience
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and achieve results within complex IT environments
- Experience working with technical practitioners and Executive Sponsors
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong perspective rooted in past experience, paired with willingness to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach
- Curiosity and willingness to experiment, fail fast, learn, and adapt; flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it
Benefits are awesome — a competitive salary, equity for all, solid medical/dental benefits, 401(k), telecommuting, flextime, a variety of interesting projects, and brilliant co-workers.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.