Customer Success Lead - LifeWeb 360
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
LifeWeb 360’s purpose is to awaken our empathetic world.
LifeWeb 360 helps people through one of the hardest times of their life - when a loved one is at the end of their life or has died. We help families collect memories and receive support from their community, and acknowledge and honor the meaningful in life. We’re building cemetery 2.0, which doesn’t remind you that your person died, it reminds you how they lived.
We make it easy to collect & organize stories, photos, and videos from everyone they touched, and capture and celebrate the essence of the person in a modern and authentic way in the process. See an example LifeWeb here (lifeweb360.com).
We are a women-led company and have been growing rapidly as communities are unable to come together physically to mourn a loved one. We’ve been getting press for the work we’re doing, including in Chicago Inno, the New York Times, USA Today, HuffPost, SF Chronicle, and US News & World Report.
We’re looking for an experienced, scrappy, and mission-driven Customer Success Lead to build a fabulous experience for our users. You’re a self-starter with a passion to help others and a sense of humor (we have way more fun than you'd think for a company focused on death!).
The right person for this role will have previously led or built a support team or customer experience function for a consumer technology product, and is passionate about applying that experience to build a delightful support system for our new product.
The right person is also deeply moved and energized by our mission. Our users fall largely into 2 buckets: bereaved families that have lost an immediate family member, and their friends and relatives who share memories of that person and seek to support the family. We enter their lives at a very tough time, and while we can’t change that their person died, we can change the experience of remembering them and supporting one another in grief. You are not afraid to speak with and support people who are grieving, and sensitive to this context in all experience design. (Note - This doesn’t mean you need to be a grief counselor or even that your interactions with users will be sad, on the contrary they are usually delighted by our product and happy to see memories shared. It just means you need to be a friend always.)
What You’ll Do:
- Continue growing our customer experience function to support the entire lifetime of a user’s journey with us, which may be for their lifetime-- not only for customer touchpoints with our digital product but also resources we share with users on how to support a grieving friend and find support themselves, integration of LifeWeb 360 with memorial events, and how the product and content changes over time for a bereaved family (e.g. customer experience 1 month after their person died v. 5 years after)
- Lead with empathy; be the primary advocate for all LifeWeb users and represent their voice, partnering with founders and web development team and sharing insights and feedback from our users
- Ensure all customer interactions reflect LifeWeb 360’s values, mission, and brand voice
- Create content for our website, emails, and other customer interactions on using the product, celebrating a loved one, supporting a grieving friend, etc.
- Develop strategic initiatives that drive customer satisfaction, retention, advocacy, & LTV
- Identify different customer subsets and analyze customer insights to create a better user experience
- Manage all customer support, answering our help phone line, responding via our chatbot, and replying to emails (you’ll love our community of customers)
- Build and manage a customer success team as we continue to grow
- The best people skills, there are no strangers in your life because you make friends everywhere you go
- Tremendous empathy for people that have a loved one at the end of their life or who has died
- 3+ years of experience on the customer experience / support / success team of a consumer technology organization, ideally a high-growth startup
- Strong understanding of the latest trends in efficient, multi-channel customer service (email, phone, chat, etc.)
- Comfort with the technical aspects of customer support for a software product, such as investigating and documenting bugs reported by customers
- Excellent communication and writing skills, both to communicate within a team and with customers
- You thrive working in ambiguity in a high-growth startup environment
- Experience in the grief and/or end of life space, e.g. hospice volunteer, chaplain
- Experience directly running the customer experience function of a consumer technology organization, or experience building one of these functions from the ground up at a startup
- Product and/or marketing experience, e.g. creative development and campaign optimization, customer life cycle analysis, branding, positioning, and messaging
- Comfort analyzing data, e.g. familiarity with spreadsheets and pivot tables or other methods for deriving insights from data
- Ability to fold the fitted bed sheet
Ali & Rachele co-founded the company about 2 years ago out of business school at Kellogg. We are flanked by a fantastic team as well as world class advisors who love getting in the weeds with us to help us level up individually and as a company. From jobs-to-be-done to narrative storytelling, our advisors are literally the experts in the field.
We’re a small but scrappy team having a big impact in people’s lives, and having a lot of fun in the process. You’ll report directly to the founders and learn a LOT about running and growing a startup. Join us! Learn more about our team here (www.lifeweb360.com/about-us).
- Opportunity to immediately improve a fundamental human experience of losing a loved one and supporting a friend in grief
- A diverse, high-functioning, and growing team that is driven by a mission to redefine what empathetic technology can mean
- As much ownership over your work as you can handle with lots of room for growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits relative to other early stage startups, including health benefits
- Access to / learn from world class product and experience mentors
- We are a remote-first team; work from wherever you’d like (on US central time working hours), in downtown Chicago, or a combo
That’s OK! Fill out this short form here (www.lifeweb360.com/hiring), tell us more about you and how you’d like to get involved with LifeWeb. We’ll reach out if we have an open role in the future that might be a fit!
Our interview process consists of several steps:
- Please complete this application
- Within a few days, we’ll email you a short prompt to complete
- Video interviews with our team
- Interactive interview
- Reference check
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We succeed because of our differences. We are a diverse team - small but mighty, weird and quirky, laughter-loving, and we can't wait to meet you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈