Customer Success Lead
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
PostHog exists to increase the number of successful products in the world.
Our open source project has taken off, and we're getting too much demand to handle on our paid version, and are growing across all areas of the business. That means we are looking to make our first customer success hire.
You'll be the first person in this role, so will be setting up the way we help grow free customers into paying ones from the ground up, and likewise how we handle inbound paid requests.
- Making sure any paid user of PostHog is successful. We need to build strong relationships, ensure they're well setup, and that we pass any product feedback to our product and engineering team to act upon.
- Work out the best process for converting teams on our free product into paying customers, and for handling inbound demo requests.
- Establishing how to expand existing accounts into larger ones.
PostHog's strategy is built on bottom up adoption, as per our growth strategy. That means we'll be prioritizing how to get small contracts signed in small or big companies, based on inbound demand or existing free usage.
What you'll bring:
- Above all you must be incredibly conscientious and helpful.
- You have a strong background in handling customers, ideally including enterprise accounts. You may have led a small team before or would be looking to do this in the future, or perhaps you were a customer facing founder in a devtool company.
- You "get" developers. This means you come from a technical background. Perhaps you have experience in web development and maybe even in Product, or you've had a similar role selling devtools before.
- You are able to drive the pipeline proactively and are keen to figure things out yourself, whilst we iterate the process and product. You'll be working closely with the CEO so you will be very well supported.
- You enjoy building customer relationships, and working with a community of users.
What we offer in return:
- Generous compensation
- Unlimited, permissionless vacation with a 25 day minimum
- Health insurance provided or the cost covered depending on jurisdiction
- Generous parental leave
- Visa sponsorship if needed, for you and your loved ones
- Training budget
- $200/month budget towards coworking or café working
- Carbon offsetting for work travel with Project Wren
- Free books
Please note that benefits vary slightly by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask our team.
PostHog's engineering culture is best-in-class, and we've had explosive user growth from this alone.
We launched a four week old minimum viable product in February, and since then have been deployed in thousands of places around the world.
PostHog's platform makes it easy for software teams to understand their user behavior. This coupled with our fast growth has led to a broad variety of very cool use cases. PostHog is used to help indie game designers make it more fun to defend earth from an alien threat. PostHog is used by multinational organizations running software that powers everything from banks to airlines. PostHog is used by startups disrupting their own industries.
We're a company like no other in our space. Our approach is bottoms up and that starts by being great for developers to install and use.
By being open source, we can be used on any software project throughout the world, for free, forever. Some developers will use the platform on a side project, others at their startup or small business, and others in their Fortune 500. We are building a true platform that can grow from 1 user to many no matter the size or shape of the organization.
The core of our approach is to delight end users. It's not about executive dashboards and then a terrible interface for everyone else. It's the sense of power we give to the person on the ground, doing the actual work, every day.
Our team is a combination of former CTOs and YC founders all turned developers, alongside some of the best developers from the world's largest tech companies who have the experience to help us handle scalability.
Our team is tiny but we live in 10 different countries. This diverse group looks pretty weird on paper, but it's magical. Apart from the fact most of them think pineapple belongs on pizza. It doesn't.
We take bets on people with less experience too - we are as willing to hire an unproven genius straight out of school as we are a seasoned veteran.
We're all remote, and we've raised enough to pay top of market. We’re are proudly backed by some of the best VCs and Investors in the world, such as YCombinator.
Sold? Apply now and tell us:
- How you can achieve the above in a few sentences
- Why you're drawn to us
- Your resumé and/or LinkedIn
Not sold? Learn more first
- How we hire
- We ask for your best work, and in return pay generously and have exceptional benefits
- Learn about the team you'd be working with
- Getting hiring right is key to diversity. Learn about how we think about this.
We believe people from diverse backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product and our company better. No matter your background, we'd love to hear from you! Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈