Customer Success Engineer - Research
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Category: Customer Support / Customer Success
The Customer Success Engineer is responsible for providing expert technical support and guidance to customers during implementation and throughout the customer lifecycle ensuring success.
Customer Success Engineers are expected to be fluent in the technology and tools used by the Kuali Research product team - Node.js, Java, React, Web Services (REST and SOAP) - and have a love for process improvements and automation.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Kuali builds higher ed solutions in a competitive space where users are just waiting to be delighted.
Why join us? Our work matters — we’re helping our customers improve the quality of higher education by decreasing administrative costs. We compete in a competitive space where users are saddled with outdated, inefficient, legacy ERPs and eager to be delighted. We’re generating revenue and growing quickly with nearly 170 customers and 100 employees. Kuali is committed to open source software development. You’ll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it because we are an empowered group of entrepreneurs. Plus, you’ll get to work with some truly amazing people at a fast-growing, design-centric EdTech startup.
- Advise and train customers on technical implementation/onboarding tasks
- Partner with customers to design system integrations and advise on API usage.
- Partner with customers on migration of legacy data, both strategy and execution.
- Work hand-in-hand with Kuali Customer Success Managers during implementation.
- Assist with diagnosis and resolution of technical issues reported by customers.
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDb, Oracle (desirable)
- Infrastructure and AWS Services (multiple, not all): Docker, RDS, EC2/Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, S3, IAM
- Web Services: REST, SOAP, and/or WebHooks
- Strong writing skills - ability to concisely convey complex technical requirements and concepts to business users
- Strong oral communication skills, both individual and public speaking
- Ability to establish trust-based relationships with executives, faculty, and staff members of customer organizations
- Proactive and sensitive to customer needs.
- The ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing integrations with enterprise systems.
- Experience executing complex data migrations from varied source systems
- You’ll have the opportunity to travel. The travel requirement could be 35%.
- We are a remote division of the company. You’d be expected to have a suitable home working environment or alternative.
- 401k matching (up to 4% of your salary)
- Full health premiums paid by company for you and dependents
- Take the time off that you need (we don’t track sick or vacation time)
- Paid holidays
- Annual tech hardware budget to buy whatever you want to do your job
- Annual conference and training budget to learn what you want to learn
- Fully remote environment
What can I expect next?
We will reach out to you if we are interested in a phone screen. After an initial phone call, you will be asked to do a coding challenge (roughly 2 hours). After the coding challenge, you will do a series of Zoom conference interviews with several members of the team
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!