Customer Service Specialist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Customer Service
Are you eager to contribute to making Science Open by ensuring the rapid dissemination of high quality and valid articles? Do you want to progress in your career and discover a dynamic and multicultural publishing company?
At Frontiers we want to make science open.
To achieve this goal, Frontiers pioneered an in-house Open Science Technology platform, including the Collaborative Peer Review Platform. We believe peer review must be centered on objective criteria for the validity and quality of the work presented. Peer review needs to be efficient, rigorous, fair, constructive, accountable, and transparent for everyone involved.
What we are looking for
A driven new team member to manage a portfolio of journals or journal sections and be responsible for ensuring a timely and thorough review process for all submitted manuscripts.
- Working within the Peer Review Platform to monitor the peer review process of manuscripts and to effectively manage delays in the process.
- Responding to priority queries and managing delays relating to the review process from editors, reviewers, authors and colleagues in other departments.
- Carrying out quality control checks to ensure rigorous peer review with no conflicts of interest.
- Analyzing and providing proactive recommendations for developments and improvements of our peer review platform.
What do you need to be successful?
- Undergraduate degree (BA or BSc) or equivalent with professional experience (in an office environment either customer service or administration department preferred). Previous experience with using SOPs is desirable.
- You are tech Savvy (familiarity with Salesforce would be a plus): comfortable working in a dynamic environment that is constantly innovating and changing.
- You are target driven and results oriented; eager to learn and be accountable for your work, curious and self-motivated
- You enjoy finding solutions and delivering an exceptional service to our external stakeholders.
- You are an excellent team player and at ease collaborating proactively with your colleagues remotely.
- You have strong communication skills (professional and courteous telephone manner is essential), as well as a positive attitude, and exceptional organizational skills.
What we will offer
- 25 days' vacation per year;
- Participation into Frontiers annual bonus scheme;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Remote working within the UK
Are you interested?
Use our platform to submit your application!
We look forward to receiving your cover letter and CV, and to understanding your thoughts on this question: “Describe in your own words why peer review is important, and how to ensure that the process runs smoothly?” (150 words)
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈