Customer Service Representative
The Gottman Institute
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
The Customer Service Representative responds to customer inquiries, issues, and product requests via email and phone. The main function of this position is to ensure that customers are supported and treated with empathy throughout the course of resolving their support case. This person will represent The Gottman Institute by assisting both our professional and consumer customer bases with questions related to the products and services that we offer. TGI currently uses Zendesk as our customer relationship management platform.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable taking initiative in solving problems, have outstanding interpersonal skills, and great attention to detail. To be successful in this role you will learn our products and services inside and out, and will thrive working in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
Screening begins March 15th. Open until filled. The Gottman Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Gottman Institute is based in Seattle. We are currently working remotely, and this position will be onboarded remotely. Opportunity for continued remote work will be discussed with finalists. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required upon hire.
$22-$25 an hour, dependent on qualifications and experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Respond to inquiries via phone and email in a warm, professional, and timely manner
- Assess customer needs to achieve customer satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Provide support to users of online learning products and services, including account access issues and troubleshooting/resolving technical issues with users
- Assist with questions regarding package tracking and troubleshooting of product orders (returns, undelivered, damaged, replacements, etc.)
- Manage subscription issues, including processing refunds
- Manage orders processed through the online store and troubleshoot any problems or discrepancies in shipping or declined cards
- Tag and sort customer service cases so that the right tickets are escalated to the right teams
- Process bulk orders for our professionals audience and outside agencies
- Regularly provide customer feedback and issue reports on product and services to internal marketing, product, and operations teams
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a Customer Service Representative
- Strong written communication skills and ability to engage interactively via email. Proficiency in writing summaries and providing more specific directions when necessary. Ability to write effectively for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of people with patience and objectivity, even in difficult situations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a high-volume environment
- Be an ambassador of TGI’s mission
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 3 years of Customer Service experience. Preferred: Primary focus on providing support for incoming requests via email and phone
- Fluency in the Spanish language is a plus
Proficient with computers and has a good comfort level with standard software (Microsoft Office/Google Suite). Willingness and ability to learn new programs. Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management platforms are a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Relationship skills
- Paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including health insurance with dental and vision
- In office and remote perks, such as :
- Bring your dog to work in the office
- Regular team activity options, such as online social activities and in person events such as happy hours, baseball games, celebrations, etc.
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats in the office
- Free monthly catered lunches when in office
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈