Customer Service Representative
Alpine Home Air
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
Alpine enjoys a nationwide reputation for quality products and for providing genuinely helpful service. Alpine designs HVAC solutions for our customers nationwide. We ship heating and cooling equipment to our customers' homes or businesses and help them find local installers. We have a strong following and many repeat customers. Alpine experiences double-digit growth year over year. We are the largest and most tenured e-commerce retailer of heating and air conditioning equipment. Our customers give Alpine the highest ratings in our industry with an average score of 4.8 out of 5 across tens of thousands of reviews.
In this position, you will learn the ropes of online heating and air conditioning ecommerce and help resolve issues for homeowners and contractors around the country. During the day, you will answer phone calls, manage emails, complete tasks, approve customer orders and verify entries into our CRM system. To do the job well it takes a combination of skills, particularly listening and understanding what customers need and then creating solutions for them, all while entering information into our system with accuracy so that everyone is informed of the status of that customer's issue. Some customers can be upset at first if something goes wrong on their orders. The ability to maintain professionalism while being genuinely helpful and not taking customer interactions personally is needed. Being emotionally resilient and learning how to take a problem and turn into a solution that makes things even better for the customer is an art and a science. Customers may need help with creating a new project in our system, paying for orders, tracking their shipments, changing their orders, getting new equipment if it's damaged or lost, help with replacement parts, help with warranties, help with delivery issues, assistance finding an installer, getting ETAs for when their orders will ship, figuring out how to get their products sooner etc. Some of these customer requests are straightforward and others require complex problem solving.
Varies between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. M-F Central Time with alternating Saturday shifts from 10-3 p.m. - 40 hours per week
Varies between 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. M-F Central Time with alternating Saturday shifts from 10-3 p.m. - 40 hours per week
A great candidate for this position:
- Enjoys helping people
- Possesses excellent verbal communication skills with good voice modulation
- Has a successful track record of problem solving in customer service roles
- Can easily navigate computers and CRM systems
- Can type quickly and accurately
- Is a great listener
- Has emotional resilience and ability to handle upset customers in a calm, professional manner
- Uses creativity and ingenuity to find solutions for customers
- Has initiative and resourcefulness
- Enjoy administrative work and getting the details right
- Has a can-do attitude and positive spirit
- Can manage a steady routine of calls, tasks and emails
- Is organized with strong follow-through
- Is a responsible, reliable professional
- Has discipline and strong accountability to maintain high standards for metrics, call quality and structure
- Has personal integrity
- Has high speed internet and a stable power supply
- Has a quiet office space within their home to work without animals or family members in the same room
- Understands that this isn't a flex-time remote position. The role requires that are at your desk, available and ready for phone calls during scheduled hours
- Have a remote backup plan for power, equipment or internet outage
- Compensation is DOE
- Group health insurance plus health savings account, retirement savings plan, commuter benefits, paid time off
- Paid educational and professional development training
- Work-from-home (remote), even after COVID19 is resolved
- All computer equipment and training are provided
We are future-minded innovators working to provide intelligent heating and cooling solutions to everyday homeowners. Started in 2002, we are the first ecommerce company to sell HVAC equipment to homeowners online and by phone. We have helped hundreds of thousands of customers while maintaining the strongest reputation in our industry.
We seek to create great experiences for our customers, vendors and employees. At Alpine, our primary value is that everyone wins.
Learn more and view all openings at: alpinehomeair.com/careers
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈