Customer Relationship Specialist
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
EDMO is a national education nonprofit that has been cultivating curious, courageous, and kind kids since 2004. Our award winning camps, classes, tutoring programs (and more!) are designed to engage kids' minds and bodies. Whether in person or online, all EDMO programs are hands-on, interactive and fun, unlocking the inner scientist, artist or coder in every child. At EDMO, we celebrate getting messy and making mistakes while encouraging creativity, critical thinking and collaboration. Central to our mission is our commitment to providing equitable access to our programs regardless of their family’s ability to pay. Visit edmo.org to learn more.
We are living in a unique moment in time. This customer service role is one of the most important. It's the first and often most constant relationship our EDMO® families have. You'll be responsible for providing excellent, heartfelt and genuine customer service to our families through all virtual mediums. This includes but is not limited to phone calls, emails, instant messages, google forms, and video calls.
- Answer inbound calls, emails, instant messages
- Maintain an upbeat, compassionate and solution oriented voice and presence
- Strive to create strong connections with customers
- Assist in responding to company emails within 24 hours and with a friendly voice and content that over-delivers
- Identify the customer needs and make strong recommendations
- Take in-season enrollments and provide ongoing customer service
- Provide administrative support to all departments including marketing, EDMO® Live!, EDMO® Coach, Development, systems and curriculum
- Assist in any additional administrative tasks as needed by other member of the EDMO® team
- Love of customer service
- Poised, well spoken, professional, friendly and compassionate demeanor
- Experience answering phones (ideally, multiple lines)
- High comfort level working with phones, spreadsheets, database updates and sending professional emails
- Experience with Salesforce or various enrollment software is a plus
- Interest in mission-driven, social-impact, non-profit and education sector
- Familiar with Mac and PC platforms
- Ability to create a positive remote office culture and to work as a team with current office staff
- Excels in a fast paced and tight-knit office environment
- Organized and detailed oriented
Full time position
Hours: 40+ hours/week
Given the remote nature of this work, this position is available nationally. For this reason, we are unable to give a confirmed starting salary. This position will guarantee a rate substantially higher than the minimum wage in the applicants area, as well as include a full benefit package, 401K matching, and an open time off policy. If you are chosen for a screening salary ranges will be discussed for your geographic area.
Start Date: Oct 18th
This is a remote job. We are based in California so meetings will be on PST but we are ideally looking for someone in the EST or CST time zone.
You will also be required to travel to 3 in person retreats per year to collaborate with other Full Time Team members. Travel expenses will be paid by the org.
Vaccination for Covid 19 is required.
When you upload your resume upload it in the PDF format not word.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈