Customer Care Champion
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
Based in London we are a multi award winning team of makers and creatives. We are a purpose driven company with a mission to demystify technology. We do this through the production of both hardware and software. Everything we make is developed and produced in house. We were voted 2nd Most Innovative Company (Consumer Electronics) 2019 by Fast Company.
Description of the role
An incredible opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing technology startups in the world, making DIY computers that help people all over the world start their journey into learning computer hardware and making code.
You’ll be part of a close-knit team of Customer Care Champions who look after hundreds of thousands devices across 87 countries. Fast paced and ever changing, your role will be to keep our global family delighted with their products and support the company as we continue to grow at high speed. A big heart, a cool head, and an excellent grasp of technology will be super important. You’ll be monitoring the email inbox to answer customer questions about orders, troubleshooting, replacements, and more.
This is a fixed-term opportunity. Ideally, we would like the successful candidate to start with us at the end of October/beginning of November and work in our team up until mid/end of January. We will offer approximately 2 weeks of training (this might take longer depending on the progress) during which the candidate will work M-F 9am - 5pm EST. Following that, we are happy to be flexible on the timezone the candidate will be working in. We may also assign weekend and holiday hours as those are busy times for our users, and you’ll be helping them to have as much fun as possible with extended coverage.
- Training duration: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST
- 40 hours per week (flexible to your time zone after training)
- As we want to take as good care of our customers as possible, you will be required to work some evenings, weekends or on some holidays (ex.Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas Day)
Responsibilities and duties
- Answer general customer emails (Tier 1 support) within SLAs
- Escalate customer emails that need further attention to Tier 2 support
- Translate customer feedback to teams internally and serve as the “voice of the customer”
- Provide technical support for our products
- Process replacements for customers and seek approval of Tier 2 support for refunds
- Give feedback about the Help Center and keep articles up to date/write new articles
- When applicable, create summaries of weekend performance and produce handover documents for weekday team
- 1+ years experience in customer service or in similar roles
- An excellent command of the English language. You’ll be able to produce perfect prose and write fast and fluidly
- A great communicator both in person and in writing
- A passion for meeting new people and a love for conversation
- A firm understanding of the latest technology, with a desire to learn more
- A fast thinker with a knack for solving problems
- A warm, bright and positive personality that others find infectious
- Previous experience working in teams
- Previous experience working remotely
- Online customer support experience
- Experience using Zendesk, Slack, Shopify, Google Drive software
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈