3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Category: Customer Support / Customer Success
Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Fastly is passionate about helping our customers succeed. If you are a good communicator who enjoys creating relationships and solving problems, we want you.
The Customer Advocate will be an integration between Marketing and Customer Success to create and maintain a network of Fastly customer advocates. This position will create a network of customer advocates who support the Fastly brand and will talk about it to their peers and a broader audience. You will be responsible for being Fastly’s coordination point for customer relationships, working with internal and external stakeholders to balance multiple requests. Success in this role requires collaboration, strong business acumen, and crisp communication.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Marketing and Customer Success to identify and elevate customer stories
- Track and manage customer marketing approvals. Own maintaining the list of referenceable customers including those who have expressed interest in participating in case studies
- Own communication between sales/marketing and marketing/customers relating to customer approvals for marketing initiatives
- Establish a structured Customer Advocacy Program, including maintaining a resource guide of customer blogs mentioning Fastly
- Through customer interaction, identify trends for common topics. Coordinate with marketing to provide the customer voice into campaigns.
- Create an internal channel and process for consistently sharing customer feedback throughout the company
What We're Looking For
- Experience communicating with customers in a business to business environment
- A bachelor's degree in Business or a related discipline
- A superlative command of written language, brilliant communication skills, high standards for excellence, patience, positivity, drive, holistic thinking, and hands-on creativity
- A passion for streamlining information in an organized and articulate way
- Ability to gracefully give, synthesize, and leverage feedback
- Ability to collaborate with, inspire, support, and influence leaders at all levels, with charisma and an open mind
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities
- Excellent project management skills; proven ability to execute successful projects with minimal guidance in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!