Community Engagement Coordinator
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
Kuali is hiring a Community Engagement Coordinator to help us expand our passionate, engaged community of customer schools as we continue to evolve our innovative, user-friendly research administration and compliance suite, Kuali Research. Reporting directly to our VP of Sales for Kuali Research, this critical role will work closely with potential customers to understand the challenges they are facing and connect them with the value our solutions and our community can provide.
Who are we?
Kuali builds software solutions for higher education. We help our customers — colleges & universities — focus on providing a fantastic education to students by decreasing their administrative costs. We work in a competitive space, ripe for innovation, with users ready to be delighted.
As a company, we are guided by our cultural values:
- Iterate to evolve
- Cultivate openness
- Act with accountability
- Assume the best
- Practice humility
- Deliver amazing experiences
We work remotely, and have for years. Distributed work is in our bones, with a history of
institutions working across state lines for many years. Our employees each work in the
environment where theyʼre happiest, from Massachusetts to Hawaii. We work consciously to create a collaborative and healthy remote work culture, and we travel to meet in person a few times each year.
Everyone should love their work.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Leveraging your knowledge of higher education research administration and compliance needs to understand the challenges our potential customers are facing and communicate the value of Kuali Research Solutions and our community through educational, supportive engagement.
- Monitoring research administration and compliance markets, trends, thought leaders, covered media and trade associations.
- Preparing and delivering compelling, educational demonstrations of Kuali Research solutions to help prospects evaluate our capabilities.
- Creating prospect engagement content using marketing assets and communication delivery tools
- Scheduling discovery calls and responding to potential customer requests.
- Using a sales development platform to execute the outreach process consisting of phone, email, and social touches.
- Meeting monthly objectives for sales qualified leads and other engagement activities.
- Continuously improving your sales development process and demonstrating a willingness to learn and implement best practices
- Representing and demonstrating Kuali values, brand, and mission
Weʼre looking for a curious, enthusiastic, empathetic, team player to connect with potential community members, execute on ideas, advocate for the customer, and contribute to a team
culture built on trust and mutual respect. We believe the best results are achieved by
teams who represent a broad range of ideas and perspectives. We value employees
with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- You look at our company values and think: I want to be in that environment and contribute to it
- You have experience in research administration and/or research compliance functions at an institution of higher education.
- Youʼre passionate about your role in helping our potential community members achieve their missions, and you advocate for them fiercely.
- Youʼre an amazing communicator. You listen, and your written, oral, and visual communication is clear, concise, and tuned carefully to your audience. You adapt well to virtual meeting tools. You ask important questions and express customer empathy.
- Youʼre a resourceful, creative, problem solver.
- You know your stuff. You can think your way through complex issues, have a keen eye for details, and talk about it all confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Youʼre organized, communicative, and accountable—you own your role entirely, while being open to criticism, suggestions, edits, and new ideas
- You're self-motivated and persistent and have a thirst for knowledge and growth within the .edu space.
- Youʼre curious and continuously seek knowledge and share your discoveries with others.
- You have experience in research administration and/or compliance
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills and are comfortable with virtual meeting tools. You ask important questions and express customer empathy.
- You have excellent written & verbal communication and adapt well to virtual meeting tools like video & screen sharing.
- You're self-motivated and persistent and have a thirst for knowledge and growth within the .edu space
- You're resourceful and collaborative in seeking solutions. When you're faced with a problem, you work to solve it with persistence and urgency.
- You look at our company values and think “I want to work at a place that has those values.”
- You’re comfortable being part of a fully remote team, and you have a suitable home working environment or alternative.
If you have some of these too we’ll be delighted
- Prior lead generation and/or sales prospecting experience is a plus but not required
- Good working knowledge of these tools would be super: Slack, Zoom, Salesforce, ZoomInfo
- Top-of-the-line equipment of your choice to get your job done
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Employee profit sharing
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your manager)
- Allowance for continuing education, conferences, and/or training
- Space to work on self-driven projects during quarterly “hack weeks”
Employee resource groups and community events.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈