Community Customer Champion
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Customer Service
Read about how we’re supporting #TeamThinkific during COVID-19 and how we’ve transitioned to working remotely.
**This role is for someone in Eastern Canada who wants to join our new work from home Support Team. We are looking to hire in Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador. You’ll start between 5am-6am Pacific Time to support our customers in Eastern Time Zones and overseas. Please only apply if you are legally able to work in Canada and are located in Eastern Canada.**
Do you love connecting with customer communities online and having the opportunity to be a helpful resource? Are you a natural problem solver with expert communication skills? Are you excited to join a fast-paced, growing tech company? If yes, read on!
As a Community Customer Champion you will support the Community team and Thinkific’s customer experience by building, growing and moderating a thriving and sustainable customer community. This role will help Thinkific course creators and partners connect, share successes, collaborate on challenges, motivate each other and get help from the team to enable all our customers to find answers.
In this role, you will:
- Respond to customer queries that come in through social channels, answering questions, giving advice and solving problems using your technical know-how and platform knowledge
- Help to reduce support ticket volumes in Zendesk and ensure customer problems are resolved as quickly as possible
- Support the moderating of the customer community once it is launched
- Support the Partnerships team to factor in highlighting ways of agency and freelancer partners who are helping grow our customer community in a healthy way
- Funnel customer feedback in our community to our product planning and development workflows
- Support the Marketing teams with social campaigns, promotions, product releases, etc. in our customer community
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 2-3 years of online customer support experience in a SaaS environment, bonus points if you also have experience in customer community management
- Have experience working with and managing forum/community tools such as Facebook groups or an online community
- Love going above and beyond to help people
- Be an independent problem solver with an ability to perform well under pressure
- Be a strong communicator both verbal and written
- Be a team player with a great attitude and eagerness to jump in and help
- Be tech savvy and willing learn the ins and outs of the Thinkific platform quickly
- Have a strong work ethic and don’t believe in a 9 to 5
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Have the ability to help customers at all skill levels find success on our platform, distilling technical concepts into digestible information
- Are able to address challenges in a calm and professional manner
- Are driven by performance metrics
- Possess experience moderating and growing a customer community for a SaaS company
- Have experience moderating and growing a Facebook Group community
- Have an ability to carefully craft inspiring and on-brand messaging for communities
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working in sales or in a SaaS specific support role
- Possess coding skills (HTML/CSS helps but any coding skills are also valuable)
- Have experience with email marketing, or social media marketing
- Possess experience moderating and growing a community of students taking an online course
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- We are lucky to have team members working remotely with us for over a year, so you’ll walk into an established system where you’re supported to be productive and successful
- We make sure you always feel included and have opportunities to build meaningful relationships with your team, whether that’s trips to Vancouver to solidify those connections, meet and greet with new team members by video, taking a remote-first approach to meetings or ensuring you have lunch provided for our team-wide events!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Help you get the equipment you need to set-up a home office where you can do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈