Food Revolution Network
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Customer Service
The Community Builder - Temporary joins our existing Community Team members during major Food Revolution Network (FRN) events to provide exceptional assistance to our entire community of subscribers, customers, and social media followers who reach out to engage with FRN via Direct Support (email, phone, chat) and/or Public Support (social media, blog articles, broadcast page). All FRN Community Builders communicate with compassion and proficiency and have strong analytical skills which they use for writing, problem-solving, communicating, and using FRN’s Community Team stack of technology.
Reports to: Head of Community, with direct supervision from Lead Community Builder and Team Leads
We are hiring for two types of temporary Community Builder positions: Direct Support and Public/Live Broadcast Support.
- Represent Food Revolution Network in communications with customers and the community
- Report issues of concern to the Community Support Staff team leads
- Troubleshoot issues for customers on various technical platforms and mobile devices
- Respond to customer and community questions
- Communicate over email, live chat, phone, and other systems
- Position Commitment: Hourly, from approximately March 30, 2021, to May 23, 2021, 15 hours per week, up to 40 hours per week during our busiest periods
Public/Live Broadcast Support
- Engage with our community at large via our Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram, and on our live Broadcast and Replay pages
- Respond to listener questions and concerns
- Support Ocean Robbins and team lead during live broadcasts
- Report issues of concern to the Community Team leads and mentors
- Contribute to daily reports for Ocean Robbins, John Robbins, and the Leadership Team
- Position Commitment: Hourly, from approximately April 12, 2021, to May 9, 2021, 15 hours per week, up to 30-40 hours per week during our busiest periods
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent computer competency with both Mac and PC
- 55+ WPM typing speed - (please take this test, and share a screenshot of your results in your application - https://www.typingtest.com)
- Technical troubleshooting ability (i.e., helping customers with member site login and accessing websites)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Previous Community Support/Customer Service and online communications experience
- Social media engagement
- Sales calls and marketing experience
- Experience with whole-food plant-based nutrition
- Phone and dependable reception
- Reliable computer
- Solid, high-speed internet connection
- Headset and microphone to make calls
- A quiet and functional workspace
- Google Drive
Software We Use
It's helpful, though not required, if you've used these tools before:
- HelpScout – email and live chat
- Aircall or CloudTalk – phone system
- AgoraPulse – for public support
- Slack – for day-to-day team communication
Our mission is healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all.
Food Revolution Network is an online-based education and advocacy-driven organization committed to healthy, ethical and sustainable food for all. Guided by John and Ocean Robbins, we have more than 600,000 members and collaborate with many of the top food revolutionary leaders of our times. Food Revolution Network aims to empower individuals, build community, and transform food systems to support healthy people and a healthy planet. We prioritize an intentional contribution to the health and wellbeing of marginalized communities, exposing and challenging the impacts of the race and class divides, and supporting equity, opportunity and health for everyone.
You believe in the power of healthy, organic, fair trade, local, plant-strong food to change the world. You’re passionate about supporting the food revolution and movements for a more healthy, ethical, equitable, and sustainable world. You support our scientifically grounded, fact-driven and welcoming approach, which promotes a whole foods, plant-based approach and is inclusive of a broad range of eaters. You have a diverse range of life experiences and bring your whole self to the workplace, including key learnings and wisdom from your ethnic, racial, religious, cultural, gender, socioeconomic, etc. background.
You’re values-driven, highly motivated, self-aware, ethical, emotionally intelligent, compassionate, socially conscious, constantly learning, and respectful of yourself and others. You’re reliable, dedicated, undaunted, persistent, friendly, and forthright. You admit your mistakes, clean up your messes, and learn from everything.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Food Revolution Network is a committed equal opportunity employer. FRN recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At FRN, we aim to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people bring their skills, life experience, passion and creativity to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. We are committed to healthy, ethical and sustainable food for ALL, and that requires a proactive dedication to advocating for equity, inclusion and opportunity including for those communities that have been most negatively impacted by our toxic food culture. We are committed to equality and believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other characteristics that enable each person to bring unique talents, insights and skills.
$16-$18/hour, depending on skill level and experience.
FRN is a fully remote team, with team members in multiple North American time zones. This position may be performed from anywhere, provided you can coordinate your schedule with the US Pacific Time Zone.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈