Community and Customer Experience
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
VAWAA.com (Vacation With An Artist) is the first world school for personal and creative transformation. It enables anyone to explore and book apprenticeships with master artists & makers around the world – the fingerprints of humanity and agents of change. From textile weaving with a prolific artist in Spain, calligraphy with a grandmaster in Kyoto to making a bicycle with India's first bamboo bicycle-maker, it's a chance to learn new skills and immerse into the life of a master – virtually or in-person.
VAWAA is a global community of people driven by passion and purpose across 45+ countries. We won the 2019 prestigious Webby Award for Best in Travel Websites, have 98% 5-star guest ratings and been featured in New York Times, Washington Post, WSJ, Travel & Leisure, Artsy and VICE.
We are now in growth mode building the core team after raising a round of funding from amazing investors. With interest in experiences surging amongst a new group of individuals, we're looking for humble, hungry and smart people who believe in our mission to combine human truth, curiosity, creativity, and human connection to live our best self.
Community and Customer Experience Role
We're currently seeking a Community & Customer Experience Manager to deliver the best end-to-end experience to our customers across all touch points.
You'll be working directly with the CEO and core team to oversee all things community & customers —relationship building, customer journey, bookings, support, and growth. We're looking for someone who excels at bringing delight to customers, can speak passionately about the value and beauty of the VAWAA experience, has experience with customer service, and most of all, is an energetic individual who can shift between multiple work-streams and projects.
- You are humble, hungry and smart (We're talking 10/10 on all 3 attributes).
- You align deeply with VAWAAs mission, ambitious about building from the ground-up and want to play an integral role in shaping VAWAAs future.
- You have high EQ and find deep joy in going the extra 5 miles to make someone happy.
- You are a natural leader with a growth mindset who can set clear objectives and own accountability for bringing customer service efforts to life flawlessly and with speed.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills - an ability to distill and communicate complex information in simple ways to non-English native speakers.
- You are hyper-organized and extremely detail oriented.
For this role, we're looking for someone with 1-2 yrs of professional experience.
Start-up experience is a bonus.
- Understand the VAWAA community, build relationships and create long term loyal customers – via website bookings, Instagram, Facebook groups, Twitter and hosting online sessions.
- Advocate and act as VAWAA's personal cheerleader explaining to customers why we can meet their specific needs.
- Exceed and provide a delightful customer experience for all bookings. (We're talking 20 on a scale of 1-10).
- Close sales with customers interested in booking by helping them through their decision process, providing personalized recommendations and follow ups.
- Accurately process, confirm and manage all customer bookings.
- Manage booking payments, refunds, rescheduling, cancellations, promo codes, gift cards.
- Manage customer and booking related communication with artists.
- Prepare customer for travel and VAWAA experience.
- Communicate proactively with customers and artists using various platforms (Example: Email, Chat, IG, Customer.io, Mailchimp)
- Encourage & manage post-experience feedback, photos, and reviews.
- Identify opportunities to upsell.
- Generate loyal repeat customers and referrals.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to share customer stories.
- Monitor metrics, provide customer feedback and translate learnings with actionable recos to VAWAA team.
- Optimize booking flow to reduce friction and scale operations.
- Work with team to scale human & personalized aspects of customer interaction.
- Develop and execute community building strategies that support growth, community engagement, product support, and partner initiatives.
- Work efficiently with the tools we use daily to work: Slack, Google Documents, Trello etc.
- Prior customer service experience in hospitality or creative industry
- Background in Art History, Architecture, Product Design or a knowledge of craftsmanship and creative art making
- Diverse network and understanding of key players across modern media companies and communities
What you can expect
- We are here on a mission to lead the way for best experiences in our category. We will grow with urgency, but thoughtfully.
- You will be part of the core team that shapes VAWAAs future.
- We have a strong culture of curiosity, creative thinking, ALWAYS learning and being our best self. It allows us to deliver excellence and dedication.
- Our founder has a heart forward, purpose-driven leadership style. We make everyone feel loved, welcome and safe.
- We take ownership at all levels by leading with truth, optimism, tenacity & courage. We do not make excuses.
- We are humans so we provide structure for flexible work hours and limitless time off.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Working at VAWAA means one VAWAA experience every year - on us, plus swag.
- You will enjoy an immediate global community of master artists/ makers and fascinating people from a variety of creative backgrounds.
- Salary range based on experience and circumstances is 45K-55K and stock options. For candidates with significant experience, we can discuss additional equity compensation.
We are based in New York, but open to remote applications from within the US.
As a Equal Opportunity Employer, VAWAA will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈