3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA
Category: Customer Support / Customer Success
Boulder Care is a digital health platform for treating opioid addiction.
Opioid overdose is the leading cause of death for Americans under 50, but fewer than 10% of patients who need treatment are receiving it. Boulder is closing this gap by providing high-quality medication-based treatment via a digital platform. Patients get the support they deserve from our world-class clinical staff from the comfort and convenience of home.
Care Teams at Boulder are interdisciplinary teams of clinical and social needs support staff who work directly with patients to deliver high quality, evidence-based care and an exceptional patient experience aligned with Boulder’s core values.
Care Teams occasionally interface with Operations and Technology teams as we continuously build and deliver better treatment and care coordination than what patients experience in the broken addiction treatment models of today.
A Boulder Care Advocate (CA) is responsible for guiding patients with substance use disorder throughout their treatment journey at Boulder. Your title stems from your role as a passionate advocate on behalf of the patient: together, you’ll navigate traditional systems to overcome access gaps, discontinuity, and stigma.
You will be the point person for the patients on your panel, so your ability to form lasting and trusting relationships will meaningfully impact the Boulder patient experience.
Work from the convenience of your own home, flexible hours are available, and the occasional call and weekend coverage will be expected. You will be supported by a clinical team (physicians, nurse practitioners, peer recovery coaches) and technology built to support both patients and our care teams in delivering these critical services.
You’ll be a part of a dynamic, fast-growing team where you will be expected to:
- Partner with patients in their homes, communities, and through the complicated paths of the healthcare system as a trusted navigator for care needs.
- Provide telephonic, text-based & video-based (telehealth) engagement and monitoring, assisted by decision support tools overseen by a prescribing clinician and broader clinical team.
- Work with patients to achieve their goals, identify new needs, and problem-solving by offering creative solutions to any known or perceived barriers to accessing care and report changes in status to the care team in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with patients and care teams for care planning and delivery by organizing schedules, managing appointments, referrals, and transitions of care and ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Enable self-assessment of our strengths and areas for growth as aim to innovate and improve every day.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, public health, social work, or equivalent; or five or more years experience in health care such as patient advocacy, behavioral health, primary care, care coordination, or substance use treatment.
- Minimum of one year experience in navigating the behavioral health system, substance use treatment, patient advocacy, care coordination, crisis hotline, peer coaching, or other relevant experience as a liaison between patients and care teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, customer service, computer, and record-keeping skills.
- Demonstrated experience with providing outstanding customer service via phone, email, and face-to-face video.
- Exceptional clinical skills working with a care team to achieve outcomes enriching people's lives by achieving sustained recovery, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model as the company grows.
- Experience providing direct behavioral health treatment and/or substance use treatment.
- Knowledge of adjunctive Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) treatment resources & referral processes.
- Experience working with individuals with co-occurring chronic medical, psychosocial and chronic behavioral health diagnoses.
- Experience providing supervision to social workers, community health workers, or care coordinators, and an interest in growing your supervision skills.
- Direct familiarity with clinical settings and/or telemedicine providers.
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking.
- Passionate about the Boulder Care mission to accept, support, and empower patients on their self-defined journey in recovery.
- Biased towards action with a no-task-is-too-small attitude toward work, and a willingness to accept and support multiple pathways of recovery.
- Embraces harm reduction as a philosophical approach to recovery with medication treatment.
- Exhibits a high degree of trustworthiness, integrity, and professionalism as well as a relentless focus on patient confidentiality through compliance with HIPAA, 42 CFR Part II, the Boulder Care Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics, and Boulder Care Standard Operating Procedure.
- Team-oriented with a willingness to collaborate with and learn from other Care Team members including Prescribing Clinicians, and Peer Coaches.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!