Billing Concierge Customer Service Representative
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
At DermTech, we believe there's a better way to treat your skin, and we're using technology, innovation, and data to fundamentally change the way the world practices dermatology. We have developed technology that assesses your skin at the RNA and DNA level, so we can see signs of skin cancer far earlier, reduce the need for surgery, enable optimized treatment plans, and customize skincare plans to your skin's unique molecular makeup. We call this practice “precision dermatology” and we believe it truly is a new era in disease detection. A method that is not just better, but different. One centered around our patented smart sticker, which collects tissue from your skin's surface easily, accurately, and painlessly, and our state-of-the-art Gene Lab, which analyzes that tissue at the genomic level using a proprietary gene analysis system. By pushing the boundaries of areas like cancer detection and patient care, we truly believe our technology can change the world. And we're seeking team members with the vision, passion, and creativity to do the same.
The Concierge Billing Customer Service Representative will work with patients to proactively coordinate collection of patients out of pocket responsibility according to company policy. This person will be an exceptional communicator, have excellent data analysis skills and an ability to handle and resolve issues quickly.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects information from patient to support insurance eligibility/benefit verification by direct patient calls. Documents information within the appropriate system for insurance eligibility/benefit verification.
- Provides patient financial information regarding their statements, estimated cost sharing obligations, outstanding balances, and advises patient of various payment options or programs available.
- Documents payments/actions in the appropriate system and acquires necessary documentation including patient identification, insurance cards, assignment of appeal, financial assistance applications, release of information, waivers, etc.
- Perform and respond to a high volume of calls each day, providing required information to patients.
- Answer questions regarding insurance coverages.
- Update patients' records in ensuring that they are kept confidential and safe.
- Follow up with patients to in a timely manner and administer financial assistance program or other alternative program as appropriate.
- Coordinate efforts with collection agencies to collect outstanding claim amounts and determine appropriateness for pursuing legal remedies in accordance with company policy.
- Other projects and duties as may be assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Care Administration, Accounting or equivalent experience in a healthcare reimbursement role, such as a call center representative.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous job-related experience.
- First-hand experience in communicating with patients, in a polite and helpful manner, as reflected in the Company's policies and practice.
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
DermTech is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at DermTech via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of DermTech. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by DermTech as a result of the referral or through other means.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈