VP of Ethics, Corporate Compliance and Risk
2 months ago
Hiring from: USA Only
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Vice President of Ethics, Corporate Compliance and Risk to lead our corporate compliance and enterprise risk management programs. You will be responsible for implementing a global corporate compliance program, building and developing a team of compliance professionals, and partnering with leaders across the business to instill and reinforce a culture of high ethics and compliance around the globe. You also will be responsible for designing and implementing an enterprise risk management program to identify and mitigate risks across Twilio’s global business. This role will report to the General Counsel and will interface directly with company leadership across teams, working with cross-functional stakeholders to develop and oversee a robust global compliance program.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of designing and overseeing an effective compliance program and building and leading high performing teams. They also have:
- 15+ years compliance experience, including experience in a complex enterprise with global operations
- Expertise in anti-corruption, financial crimes, trade sanctions, insider trading, conflicts of interest, antitrust and competition, and political activities compliance
- Demonstrated ability to build compliance strategy and create a proactive compliance culture
- Experience with compliance training and oversight
- Demonstrated ability in driving and delivering effective risk management strategies to support the identification of key risks, controls and mitigation activities across a global organization
- Experience developing integrated enterprise risk management solutions
- Skilled at building strong relationships with cross-functional partners across the business
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate to all organizational levels, including the Board of Directors
- A law degree required; strong preference for prior in-house experience
As Vice President of Ethics, Corporate Compliance and Risk, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations. Develop and disseminate corporate ethics statements, policies and supporting forms/acknowledgements. Develop and implement an enterprise risk management program.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Provide strategic leadership throughout the organization by regularly reviewing and updating policies and procedures to ensure consistency and appropriateness related to ethics and compliance.
- BE AN OWNER: Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk. Oversee the development and implementation of corporate ethics and conflict-of-interest training and conduct ethical decision-making training for senior management on ethics issues and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports. Facilitate implementation of our ethical use framework as needed to ensure the ethical use of our platform by customers. Integrate risk management into the company’s planning and operations. Help the business make informed decisions by identifying key risks and related mitigation activities.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure all employees are educated on the latest policies and processes. Develop and maintain confidential procedures for the handling and processing of complaints and allegations. Provide processes for the confidential hearing of employee issues related to ethics or conflicts. Set the tone and promote open discussion regarding risk. Create a corporate culture such that employees of all levels identify and manage risk in a consistent manner.
Twilio is growing rapidly, scaling to serve customers around the globe with increasingly complex problems to solve. The legal team’s mission is to enable revenue and increase Twilio’s status as a trusted provider. We advocate vigorously to control Twilio’s destiny. We seek to forge a strong and cohesive team, and embed ethics and integrity into Twilio’s culture. We’re looking for a stellar leader to join our dynamic legal team and serve as the steward for how Twilio’s employees conduct themselves internally and how Twilio’s products are used externally.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈