Virtual Chief Operating Officer / Law Firm Administrator - Remote
How to Manage a Small Law Firm
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
We are seeking a high-level, seasoned executive to join our team as a Fractional Management Advisor in a CEO/COO coaching/consulting role! This is a full-time, 100% remote position where your primary responsibility will be to virtually serve as part of the fractional C-Suite for up to 30 different small law firms across the U.S. You will be an integral part of our rapidly-growing team, working with some of the most talented law firm management professionals in the country to leverage our methods, combined with your own life-experience, creativity, and intelligence, to help our small law firm clients reach the next stage of their law firm's growth. Apply Today!
- Serve as part of the Fractional C-Suite (part-time CEO, COO or CFO) for up to 30 of our clients to help them address different struggling parts of their business, provide strategic direction and accountability to drive the growth of their firm, and then help build out an infrastructure to support continued growth.
- Act as a practice management advisor, coach, confidant, leader, guide and mentor for law firm owners who are already enrolled in our program(s) and help navigate clients through our curriculum, ascending up and through our various programs.
- Help your clients create a written business plan and marketing plan designed to drive the growth and profitability of their firm for the next 18 months, then give them the focus, direction & accountability to work that plan, one step at a time, to bring it into fruition.
- Help build out the systems and financial controls that serve as an integral part of the business plan and strategy for growth.
- Help design systems and create policies and procedures that empower them to standardize their firm's operations and hire an A+ team that will help them create a truly scalable business.
- Coach clients through current challenges and help them to remove roadblocks that are standing in the way of their business goals.
- Measure assigned-client-progress and hold assigned clients accountable for taking positive actions in the direction of their stated goals.
- Your compensation will be positively-affected by the success of our clients assigned to you.
- Administrative background running the "business end" of several businesses, preferably in a COO-type role or Professional Legal Administrator role within a law firm.
- Previous experience in a CEO or founding member position within a startup is a plus!
- Previous work experience in a mentorship, coaching, or similar leadership role managing of teams of 15-20 people that reported to you directly.
- Certified as a business coach, or several hundred hours logged of paid experience coaching businesses is a plus!
- Invaluable personal & professional growth opportunities!
- Opportunity to have a direct impact on the significant growth and ongoing success of a business.
- Emotionally & professionally rewarding experience!
- Extensive training program - we provide you all the tools and training you need to excel in this role.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Medical insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
Though this job can be performed remotely, this is a full-time, six-figure, salaried W-2 position within How to MANAGE a Small Law Firm. Your compensation will be based on the number of clients you are coaching and how you help them perform, with target compensation being between $110,000 to $140,000 plus full medical and 401K. Opportunities to carve out bonuses and promotion opportunities within the organization to increase your salary above $140,000 are also possible over time.
Collaborating within a distributed workforce
This is a remote/virtual position. Other than our live quarterly team meetings (discussed below) this job can be done from your home office. With that said, while a virtual environment lends itself to a great deal of flexibility and efficiencies that are highly prized by most members of our team, this is a very full-time job – requiring over 40 hours per week (often 50 hours per week, for many on our team) for the average Management Advisor to execute successfully.
Each quarter our firm hosts a conference for our members (with hundreds in attendance at each event) at an upscale hotel in locations that rotate across the country. You will be expected to attend these meetings each quarter to maintain close connections with the clients assigned to you, keep yourself apprised of what we are teaching them, and learn all the inside jokes and nuances that keep this community of highly-entrepreneurial lawyers tightly-bound.
You will also be expected to attend weekly team meetings by videoconference for ongoing training, education and to discuss and hear being discussed any “problem cases” you need to remain aware of, and engage in reporting and other conference calls with the other members of the team to keep us all in the loop and ensure each of our clients feels the benefits of having a true collaborative team on their side.
How to MANAGE a Small Law Firm is a fast-growing and highly-entrepreneurial business management, personal development and coaching company, specializing in solo and small law firms. Inc.
Magazine has named How to MANAGE a Small Law Firm to its list of the 5,000 fastest growing privately held companies in the United States every year since 2015. We've also been named by Inc as one of the "Best Places To Work".
We are very much a “start-up” with a fast-paced growth focused environment. Working with us can prove to be the best job of your career!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈