Sr. Business Development Manager - Festivals
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
The Festicket Group family is a truly international team with 100+ people from over 20 different countries, all passionate about changing the face of live event experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with a remote workforce distributed across Leeds, Berlin, Amsterdam, Porto, Nantes and Denver. 🌍
Since 2012, we have provided a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. The platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In eight short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🙌
Since our acquisition of the multi-award winning cashless POS platform Event Genius in 21and the associated Ticket Arena consumer website and brand, we are on track to become the most complete end-to-end live events platform for fans and organisers built to serve any event, any size.
We're now post Series-D funded, and backed by some of Europe's largest VC funds. 🎉
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. 🚀🚀🚀
Strategically, the US is one of our most important markets for the future. As the Senior Business Development Manager you will be instrumental in driving success in the region, securing deals and cultivating new client relationships with some of the biggest Festivals in the US. Whilst we have made some really important strides to replicate our success in the States, the North American market is still fairly new for us and there this is an exciting challenge to define Festicket's success in growth within this region. There is huge potential for us in this area!
This role will be working remotely to begin with. You will be working individually, whilst being part of the wider N. America team based out of Denver with the support of our London HQ and other offices in Berlin, Nantes, Amsterdam and Porto.
- Experience within Sales/Business Development in the North American Live Music, Festivals, Events,Ticketing, Travel, Leisure, or Tourism industry.
- Considerable commercial experience in business development, with ticketing expereince preferable
- Have a confident telephone manner with experience in face-to-face meetings
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the full sales cycle including lead generating, negotiations skills, and closing
- Demonstrate an ability to manage projects, focus on achieving objectives, adjust priorities, manage time and following up on actions
- Show an ability to work autonomously and be able to take responsibility beyond scope of the role
- Actively look for new solutions and create new ideas regarding the on-going commercial development.
- Be aware of and take responsibility for implications of decisions
- Have the ability to cope in a high-pressure, target driven environment
Given the lean nature of our operation and how busy we are currently, we would highly prefer to hire someone already experienced in the sector, demonstrated by the following:
- Familiarity with the ticketing industry, ticketing systems and software.
- Understanding of the live music industry and what motivates promoters.
- Knowledge of the US event market and the key players in the market
- An existing network of US event promoters is also highly advantageous.
Behaviours that should lead to success in this role at Festicket:
- Initiative and independence. You’ll be happy working in an. initail team of 2 in a different timezone to the HQ.
- Proactivity in identifying and understanding client objectives, providing value-add solutions to clients.
- Resilience - promoters and festival-goers can express frustration in the unlikely event of system errors.
- Confidence coordinating internal colleagues in a different timezone to ensure client expectations are met.
- Passion for our service (not just the music industry).
Additional characteristics we expect our entire team to demonstrate:
- Adaptability and flexibility in the ever-changing world of a scale-up dealing with the challenges of a global pandemic that has hit the live music industry harder than most other sectors.
- Intellectual curiosity, and the confidence to ask questions until you understand.
- Positivity and a can-do mindset when faced with new opportunities.
- Self-motivation and a sense of pride in achieving stretch goals on your own merit.
By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. 📈
Benefits & Perks also include:
- 25 Vacation days + 10 federal holidays per annum
- Discretionary flexible working from home
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Value driven start-up culture
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈