Programs Compliance Officer
Penny Appeal USA
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Programs Compliance Officer Overview
Work with the Programs Manager and colleagues in other Penny Appeal global offices in the development and implementation of the organization’s 1) partner due diligence and vetting process, and 2) safeguarding strategy, policy and practices with the overall aim of contributing to the achievement of the mission by ensuring that the highest safeguarding and protection standards are in place throughout all aspects of program delivery. Must work effectively with relevant partner agencies both nationally and internationally.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure PA USA’s protection policies and procedures are kept up to date, incorporate safeguarding best practices, and comply with government and legislative requirements.
- Identify an implementation plan detailing the protection of children or adults at risk measures to be developed and implemented.
- Responsible for ensuring staff and volunteers (including board members) are appropriately trained and supported and have access to resources to ensure safeguarding issues are identified and actioned in accordance with our policies and processes.
- Responsible for ensuring any outsourced delivery complies with all relevant safeguarding and related policies and processes and that staff working for outsourced delivery partners are appropriately trained and supported and all incidents are logged, monitored and escalated as appropriate.
- Ensure all PA USA partners pass a thorough vetting process. Must ensure all due diligence documentation and process is up to date and follows sector best practice.
- Ensure serious safeguarding incidents and risks are assessed, monitored and promptly reported and escalated in accordance with our policies and processes.
- Identify appropriate reporting and responses for incidents or concerns that fit within the local systems for dealing with reports of abuse involving children, adults at risk or Penny Appeal service users.
- Create a ‘risk register’ for all activities involving children and adults at risk. Ensure adequate process and systems at HQ and partner level.
- Lead on program level community practices for safeguarding and protection, and coordinate learning about protection and safeguarding.
- Undertake regular audits to check processes are being followed and up to date, and that there is appropriate resource-allocation to ensure compliance.
- To ensure all program documentation (due diligence forms, contracts, proposals, MOUs) are up to date and organized
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor Degree required, Safeguarding and Compliance certifications desired
- Excellent knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory safeguarding and serious incident reporting requirements both nationally and internationally
- Demonstrate empathy, communication, listening and interpersonal skills when working with adults and children
- Confidential, tactful and diplomatic
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Some experience of risk management processes working on matters like due diligence
- Exposure to working within or closely with social care and other agencies
- Evidence of experience working in safeguarding including development of policy and procedures, reporting and fostering of good practice
- Proven ability to work independently
- Knowledge of international humanitarian sector very much desired
Compensation and Start Date
This full-time position, based in Alexandria, VA*, offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, collaborative work environment, and a benefits package that includes vacation leave as well as medical, dental, and vision insurance.
*Remote applicants will be considered providing they are able to visit HQ regularly
Must have authorization to work in the USA.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈