Platform Business Development Manager
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: GMT +/- 1
Backed by leading VCs in Europe and the US, Cervest is a pioneering climate tech company building the world’s first AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform. Climate Intelligence is business intelligence for quantifying climate risk. Our mission: to embed Climate Intelligence in all key business decisions to ensure the long term resilience of our most important assets, including the one we all share — our planet. Globally, businesses and governments are realising that quantifying the risk and opportunity posed by an increasingly uncertain climate is critical to their success.are Cervest is at the forefront of addressing this need. As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organisation, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
After a period of R&D and customer trialing, we’ve developed a AI-powered platform for automated and personalised Climate Intelligence insights, built to bridge the translation gap between a business user’s awareness of climate risk and the need to take action. Our personalised climate intelligence offers an interconnected and unified assessment of an enterprise’s climate risk across all its assets for any timescale and any scenario, anywhere on Earth, that can be integrated into all business decisions. The result: better, climate-secure decisions in real-time for the days, years and decades to come.
Our inaugural platform product, EarthScanTM, will be launched in 2021. EarthScanTMs an automated climate risk impact discovery tool that measures the financial and physical risk to all fixed assets owned, managed or relied upon by an enterprise.It is served up via a digital UI and API.
EarthScanTM is openly accessible and free to everyone. EarthScanTM Premium gives enterprise and government users access to unlimited private asset upload and analysis.
2021 will be the year we commercialise our Climate Intelligence platform in key markets and geographies. Our first product is ready to launch, and you'll be our first CX hire driving our CX experience. You will be a trusted and empowered CX professional working in a genuinely supportive team and a driven, stimulating environment, united in solving a big challenge that impacts the future of our planet.
You will establish and own the entire customer journey based on our 2021 commercial strategy. This means creating a scalable CS engine to provide the very best experience for all users of all sizes who come onto our platform as guests, register for free use (via an email sign up), and then convert to a paid premium user to get the very best experience throughout their relationship with us. Specifically:-
- Identify and articulate the challenges facing the customer at all stages of their engagement, from guest user through to premium user
- Be the relentless voice of the customer and a leading architect of Cervest’s CLM (customer lifecycle management) strategy
- Coordinate and lead on-platform and off-platform education, updates, support of Cervest’s technical, commercial and product value and functionality.
- Create and maintain strong relationships across key customer accounts
- Continuously engage and nurture new revenue and adoption opportunities, working closely with Sales / Account / Marketing Teams.
- Own and deliver CS goals (adoption, retention, references)
- Become something of a CS expert in the climate intelligence category and our platform
- Create something radical in the CS space!
- Be a critical voice in enhancing our go-to-market approach.
What you'll be doing – secondary responsibilities
- Reporting CS relationship progress to Cervest’s CMO, Chief Business Officer and the wider cross-functional team
- Work closely with Product Marketing Manager, Product Manager and Product Owner to ensure a world-class customer experience and a CLM strategy that supports our commercial goals
- Be the CX face and a trusted spokesperson on Cervest in the market
To work at Cervest, you’ll be a very special sort of customer-focused sales and marketing leader:
- You’ll be a highly focussed and persuasive CS professional in your own right, with both programmatic, system and direct experience in CS deployed at different scales for different customers and different stages of the customer lifecycle.
- You will help us all to make Cervest loved by our customers
- You ultimately want to build a highly scalable CS engine, and be the architect of your own success.
- You’ll be thinking ‘big picture’: helping establish a brand new market category by bringing the innovative approaches required to sell both an offering and a vision.
- You’ll possess an acute understanding of what it takes to work in a startup and the ability to thrive in an environment of pace, ambiguity and entrepreneurship
- B2B/enterprise CX at a SaaS startup or established technology business
- Proven, referenceable testimonials from customers/peers on your CX management abilities
- experience in rapid CRM creation and use
- Experience / knowledge of CLM (customer lifecycle marketing)
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits that we're continuing to develop following our transition to becoming a remote-first company. These include:
- Salary of £40-50K / annum (dependent on experience) or local equivalent + commission
- Stock Options
- £1000/year personal development budget
- Access to world-class experts at organisations like the Alan Turing Institute and the Met Office
- Holistic mental health support via Spill, our third party provider, to connect you with curated resources and qualified counsellors
- 30 days holiday per year (22 in your allowance and 8 statutory) or local equivalent for non-UK employees
- We close the office between Christmas and New Year in addition to your regular allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Strong family leave policies
- A focus on getting things done and enabling you to work at the hours that work for you
- Genuine input into our culture as we grow rapidly
- Regular team and company activities that cater to the different life circumstances of our employees
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme with Aviva
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: GMT +/- 1.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈