People Operations Director
4 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
- You will lead and develop a growing team of HR business partners with smarts, empathy, and responsiveness. You will demonstrate a clear-eyed commitment to advocating for your team and their influential work within Medium.
- You will understand organizational needs and create and drive processes and policies that are practical, efficient, and reflective of Medium’s values and principles.
- You will coach and develop relationships within Medium while inspiring a culture of mutual accountability, constructive collaboration, and quick, iterative execution.
- You will lead your team to help managers have impact through consistent performance-management practices, intelligent organizational design, and clear communication. You likewise will lead your team to help ensure Medium is a safe and equitable place to work where employees feel included, know how to raise concerns and provide actionable feedback, and know how to be successful in their role.
- You will champion diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives across the organization.
- You will be a trusted advisor to Medium’s leaders on all people-related matters.
- This role will report to Medium’s VP, People. We are currently open to candidates that are looking to work remotely in the United States or flexibly near our offices in New York City or San Francisco.
- You are an accomplished HR Leader with 7+ years of HR business experience, ideally with at least 3+ years of experience leading, developing, and managingHRBP teams in a scaling environment.
- You have well-rounded experience with a variety of HR disciplines such as employee relations, organizational design, diversity/equity/inclusion, compensation practices, performance management, and talent development.
- You’re both a strategic thinker and someone who will not shy from rolling up your sleeves to clarify competing priorities, provide clear tactical guidance, and execute with alacrity in a fluid environment.
- You have a track record of conducting internal investigations with compassion in a prompt, thorough, and balanced manner. You exercise good, dispassionate judgment.
- You have strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. You also are a dependable team player with a composed and opinionated executive presence.
- You have the ability to(and enjoy!) establishing, fostering, and maintaining strong relationships across the organization at all levels
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈