2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
£80k – £90k
Remote / Edinburgh
Permanent / Full Time
Start Date: March/April ‘21
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Operations Director to join a venture capital backed, fast-paced, rapidly expanding company working in the renewable sector. We are bringing in new technologies to make offshore subsea and aerial robotics more autonomous. Using these to bring greater efficiencies to our clients.
The role will include the leadership, development and scaling of 3 key areas of operations including our Survey, Projects and Operational teams.
Coordination, great communication and clear line of sight to ensure a high performing operational unit that are aligned and working cohesively to well-formed plan is key to the role.
Ensuring high quality delivery with a focus on safety and customer satisfaction, you will be our resident chess player and offshore strategist, you will have the experience and foresight to be several moves ahead of potential issues and to spot opportunities to increase value within existing project works through excellent campaign planning.
You will ensure that our vessels and teams are working to maximise uptime and efficiency whilst driving down the cost of poor quality.
With your knowledge of offshore operations, you will ensure high value add, quality documentation and great reporting to satisfy our contractual obligations.
A passion for innovation will see you leading the integration of new technologies ensuring that Rovco is at the forefront in the adoption of autonomous subsea, vessel, and aerial robotics.
The duties and responsibilities associated with this key position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Accountable for ensuring that all offshore operations and projects comply with procedures, contracts, legislation, technical standards & specifications, codes of practice.
- Manage the day-to-day performance of, develop and provide guidance and mentoring to your team.
- Take responsibility over the project, survey and operations organisation ensuring effective planning and delivery of Rovco’s offshore vessel based operations.
- Final sign off on vessel mobilisation
- People leadership, supplier engagement, scheduling & budget control - ensuring your team's projects deliver to exceed client and stakeholder expectations, goals and targets.
- Support the recruitment, training and professional development of personnel.
- Support operations’ compliance with and further development of company procedures, rules and standards.
- Inspire and motivate staff on good safety practice and attitude - be a role model to others.
- Contribute to the production, review, and implementation of technical & operational documentation/procedures.
- Provide professional advice as a senior leader within the company on future strategy and direction and help inform the technologies, developments, strategic partnerships and future acquisitions required to meet our exponential growth plans
- 7+ years hands-on, in-depth experience of Vessel based ROV and/or hydrographic survey operations.
- Experience within the Offshore Renewables / Oil and Gas or wider subsea energy industry and looking for progression from an Operations Manager, Fleet Manager or senior operational subsea or survey role would be well suited to this opportunity.
- Prior experience in vessel management, selection and BIMCO supplytime negotiations is essential
- Previous experience managing operations or survey operations with the ability to recognise and forecast potential weather issues and downtime.
- A solid understanding of IRM/O&M subsea inspection and hydrographic survey principles.
- Ability to recognise and head off issues before they become risks.
- Leadership experience and the ability to motivate and inspire teams.
- An effective communicator with a proactive and supportive attitude.
- Able to manage challenging situations and make decisions under pressure.
- A strong desire to improve our performance and the stamina to drive change.
- Desire to grow your asset pool (people and equipment) to meet business growth strategy and to ensure we continue working toward our autonomy goals and low carbon objectives.
- A fast growth company that can accelerate your career
- The ability to set your own direction and that of the company
- Flexible working policy and remote working options
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and up to 45 days off if hours are compressed.
- Personal private medical insurance that can be extended to your family
- Additional training and personal development
As a team we are passionate about our company’s future and work hard to see the results of our efforts changing our industry. We are small enough that everybody makes a difference but big enough to provide variety of work and strong in-house expertise. We work together and celebrate our successes together.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈