Food Revolution Network
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
The Operations Coordinator ensures Food Revolution Network operates effectively and efficiently by supporting the Head of Operations in coordinating, organizing, and developing the operations, projects, and quality assurance functions of the organization, in order to further FRN’s mission of healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all.
Reports to: Head of Operations
- Operations Coordination. Assisting with the coordination, organization, and development of daily operational activities, documents, and reports.
- Project and Task Coordination. Assisting with project and task management by organizing project plans, importing tasks into Jira, tracking progress, flagging weaknesses in workflows, and creating issues in Jira.
- Quality Assurance Coordination. Preparing and implementing quality assurance procedures, routine inspections, and quality tests on FRN’s content and products.
- Assisting with drafting the organization’s procedure documents.
- Creating operations reports.
- Organizing Food Revolution Network Google Drive system.
- Organizing onboarding processes for new employees.
- Raising workflow and system issues and proposing solutions.
- Organizing and scheduling strategic planning events.
- Assisting the Head of Operations by managing a variety of functional tasks and responsibilities.
Project and Task Coordination
- Organizing and importing regularly scheduled workflows into Jira, including adding due dates and Sprints based on team members’ schedules.
- Organizing product launch project plans by outlining tasks in Master Planning spreadsheets, adding due dates and Sprints based on team members’ schedules, and importing into Jira.
- Following up on major project due dates and milestones with teams and team members.
- Assisting the Head of Operations in tracking and alerting department heads of tasks and projects that are behind schedule or in danger of missing deadlines, as early as possible.
- Assisting with the creation of necessary Google documents as pertains to the project/task.
- Tracking and maintaining changes made to the organization’s Promotions schedule.
Quality Assurance Coordination
- Documenting quality assurance procedures, including acceptance criteria, for Food Revolution Network’s content and products.
- Undertaking the quality assurance of Food Revolution Network’s regularly published content including emails, blog articles, recipes, videos, and WHOLE Life Club’s Action of the Weeks and Action Hours.
- Maintaining the quality assurance of Food Revolution Network’s product launches, including QAing the marketing funnel and product content.
- Reporting quality assurance bugs and issues in Jira, and following up to confirm they’ve been resolved.
- Proposing improvements to quality assurance workflows and processes.
- Identifying problem spots in the delivery of content, and proposing improvements to UI and UX.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project and task management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong ability to both track and follow up with open loops.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of tools, methods, and concepts of quality assurance.
- Possess and demonstrate both intellectual and emotional intelligence.
- High level of integrity, broad-minded, and non-judgmental.
- Appreciate and interact well with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Willing to do “whatever it takes” to meet commitments and support team outcomes.
- Non-defensive and willing to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Excellent accountability around project and task timelines.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to align with and effectively advocate for the mission and message of Food Revolution Network and our stand for healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all.
- Comfortable working with a team via Slack.
- Comfortable working with others via Zoom video conferencing.
- Comfortable working within Jira for project and task management.
- Expert-level proficiency with G Suite products, specifically Docs and Sheets.
- 2+ years of project management experience — this includes managing a project, and ideally multiple projects at the same time, for a company or organization that included a team of 4 or more people, a budget of $15,000 or more, deliverables and milestones, and project management software (required).
- Strong knowledge of and passion for whole-food, plant-based eating (preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, organizational management, communications, or related (preferred - work experience equally considered).
Our mission is healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all.
Food Revolution Network is an online-based education and advocacy-driven organization committed to healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all. Guided by John and Ocean Robbins, we have more than 600,000 members and collaborate with many of the top food revolutionary leaders of our times. Food Revolution Network aims to empower individuals, build community, and transform food systems to support healthy people and a healthy planet. We prioritize an intentional contribution to the health and wellbeing of marginalized communities, exposing and challenging the impacts of the race and class divides, and supporting equity, opportunity, and health for everyone.
You believe in the power of healthy, organic, fair trade, local, plant-strong food to change the world. You’re passionate about supporting the food revolution and movements for a more healthy, ethical, equitable, and sustainable world. You support our scientifically grounded, fact-driven, and welcoming approach, which promotes a whole foods, plant-based approach and is inclusive of a broad range of eaters.
You’re values-driven, highly motivated, self-aware, ethical, emotionally intelligent, compassionate, socially conscious, constantly learning, and respectful of yourself and others. You’re reliable, dedicated, undaunted, persistent, friendly, and forthright. You admit your mistakes, clean up your messes, and learn from everything.
You have a diverse range of life experiences and bring your whole self to the workplace, including key learnings and wisdom from your ethnic, racial, religious, cultural, gender, and socioeconomic background.
Food Revolution Network is a committed equal opportunity employer. FRN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At FRN, we aim to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people bring their skills, life experience, passion, and creativity to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. We are committed to healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for ALL, and that requires a proactive dedication to advocating for equity, inclusion, and opportunity including for those communities that have been most negatively impacted by our toxic food culture. We are committed to equality and believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other characteristics that enable each person to bring unique talents, insights, and skills.
FRN is a fully remote team, with team members in multiple North American time zones. This position may be performed from anywhere, but we strongly prefer North America-compatible time zones, with a required availability from 9 am - 3 pm Pacific Time Monday through Thursday.
$40,000 - $60,000 annual salary, depending on experience.
Permanent full-time employees also receive paid time off, flexible time off for holidays, wellness time off, health, vision, and dental insurance, opportunities for bonuses, 401k eligibility, and other benefits.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈