Head of Global Operations
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Building and running the infrastructure that allows people to be employed anywhere in the World is operationally complex - the whole reason Omnipresent exists. With so many companies transitioning to remote work, what we offer is more relevant than ever, and we are growing fast!
You'll build and lead the operations team as we grow, overseeing On-/Offboarding, International Payroll, Account Management, and Benefits functions, putting lean processes in place and automating wherever possible.
You are an incredibly solution-orientated leader who loves to turn complex operational issues into simple processes, automating them by using technology wherever possible. Further, you are an experienced frontrunner and have built and led effective ops teams in a fast growing and ever changing environment before. You know what great looks like, and can take us there.
Remote work is one of the great equalisers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live.
Yet, at a time when remote work is exploding, most companies are finding it too complex, costly and time consuming to employ workers internationally. At Omnipresent, we’re centralising this complexity and providing our clients, and their remote workers, with a simplified, cost effective and legally compliant employment experience. With a network of legal entities across the world, coupled with an automation-focused tech platform, we’re building the premier global employment-as-a-service offering on the market.
You will own the customer lifecycle from the point Sales handoff to offboarding. This means making sure we have lean and fully optimised backend processes that then feed into an exceptional customer experience. You will lead and build our ops team globally, which currently encompasses On-/Offboarding, International Payroll, Account Management/Customer Success, and Benefits functions.
You are the sort of person that…
- Is an inspirational leader.
- Has built and led highly effective ops teams before.
- Is able to build and lead the ops team in a fully distributed manner across the globe and different time zones.
- Can work in a fast growing every changing environment without being phased.
- Can work in a complex global and inter-jurisdiction environment without being phased.
- Ideally has scale-up experience.
- Has the ability to turn complex matters into lean processes.
- Is tech savvy - you’ll need to work to automate processes replacing manual human interaction wherever possible.
- Has excellent project management abilities.
- Can ensure the operations team performs to high standards all the time and service delivery is consistent.
- Has experience with measuring service delivery performance.
- Has experience with customer dispute resolution - in our case this particularly involves HR topics, employment termination and employee off-boarding.
- Finally, you must be a self-driven problem solver, with the ability to work towards achieving overarching goals with minimal direction. We're looking for a doer, not a talker and above all else, we need a team player who wants to be part of a fast growing startup.
What’s in it for you (apart from the most fun and challenging ride of your life!)
- Progression: We are growing rapidly and this is a leadership role that could progress to C level as we scale.
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays.
- Equipment and infrastructure: We give you a budget for the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are.
- Company retreats: We are planning biannual company-wide retreats post COVID, and well as socials and other team building activities.
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world. We don’t care where or when you work as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as work allows.
We believe remote working is a great equaliser and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈