Head of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
To introduce you to those early on, here is how you will help us do that:
By being kind...you exemplify the way people can be kind. You will help enable people to be a better decision maker, and therefore develop in their own role and ability.
By being passionate... you have to really get our mission. And you have to be passionate that the only way we will achieve our goals is to look after our people.
By being transparent...we work with utmost transparency. Not always easy in our world, but when we can be transparent - we must. We talk about our rationale for decisions, we show our working and thinking and we are honest.
By loving our customers...for this role - this means both the ones that shop with us - but also our employees. You will provide insight to make sure more people get what they want when they want it through our employees being better.
By being smart... With this role you will need to see opportunities and sort them out. You will have your hands dirty, you will be ‘in the long grass’ - but you must work smartly. We all try to drive efficiencies in every way we can. You must think of other solutions to problems. But it doesn’t always have to be what everyone else does.
And by being better...in all ways. We want rockstars, heroes, and legends...someone who is born to do this role. Our bar is set really high and we don’t mess around. We are looking for an achiever who chooses to keep raising their own personal bar and set a culture for team achievement. You naturally coach and develop people - helping everyone around you to be better.
or apples and pears if you don’t mind the fruit analogy
We pride ourselves on being data-driven decision-makers here at Farmdrop. You'll be leading the BI team to provide insights and make recommendations to ensure that leaders across the business have the best information and insights available to them as they make decisions about marketing, products and operations. You will play a crucial role in Farmdrop continuing to disrupt the food market. This is a hands-on role, and you will need to do a lot of things yourself in the early days.
Andreas is our Finance Director responsible for all commercial finance within Farmdrop. Avid cyclist and proud Norweigan - often be found in front of his macbook, on his bike or a beer in his hand.
Jakub is our data engineer. He has been spear heading our data provision for a while now, his contribution has been exceptional. You will work closely with Jakub to mentor him into the next level of this skill and ability.
Your closet working relationships (peas in a pod)
You will work cross functionally across all teams within the organisation. This will mainly be focused on Retail and Finance though. Our CEO has a particular interest in getting our data house in order, so you will be in regular contact with her.
Low Hanging Fruit
- You will lead the Data and Business Intelligence team with a focus on driving digital transformation and data maturity through your ownership of the analytics and digital transformation roadmap.
- Get Data and BI on the map - get every person within Farmdrop excited about the information at their fingertips to make great decisions and help us grow.
What You Need to Get the Job Done and make us really LOVE you
- You will have the ability to collaborate closely with other departments and senior stakeholders to digest problem statements through meaningful data-based analytical insights, and drive concrete decision making for action.
- You will have worked closely with group technology, BI and analytics teams to champion and deploy group initiatives and best practices locally. You will be used to being the contact point for local stakeholders impacted by these group initiatives.
- You will be responsible for the on-time delivery of your team’s projects, through creating a framework of accountability, and continuously optimizing your team’s performance by promoting a culture of excellence, where best practices and industry standards are an everyday habit.
What the day job will probably look like
- You will be alert to the business-wide strategy and support the Senior Management Team (SMT) to realise the BI and Data developments that are needed to support end to end data delivery.
- You will drive the creation and maintenance of a standard reporting landscape to ensure the correct usage of aligned KPIs and metrics.
- You will develop, recommend, and execute automation, analytics and process improvement projects to increase Farmdrop data maturity.
- You will work closely with our group data governance team and drive initiatives to improve the transparency and quality of the Farmdrop data assets. You will contribute to the data governance strategy, participating in the definition of and adherence to best practices.
- You will act as a mentor to the local network of functional data analysts, a figurehead for innovation, best practice and knowledge sharing.
Process for this role
- CV sift by Andreas and Jakub
- Initial 30 minute Conversation with Andreas on the phone/Zoom (5-7 Candidates)
- 30-60 minute Zoom call with HR Director (Joe) with 2-5 candidates
- 90 mins combined of a Presentation via Zoom, followed by interview questions from Andreas and Jakub (2-3 candidates)
- Call with a external partner (2-3 candidates)
- 30 min calls with our CEO (1 or 2 candidates)
- Final chat and decision (Successful Candidate)
- You have gained at least 5+ years of professional experience with business intelligence and digital transformation or in a similar role in a fast-paced work environment
- Minimum 3 years of team management and functional leadership experience
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills
- You have strong experience with agile methodologies like Scrum & Kanban
- You have the ability to communicate clearly, listen and show empathy as a foundation for effective collaboration.
- Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and clearly communicate data insights.
- Hands-on experience in business intelligence, process automation, working with data visualisation and analytics tools (Mode, Looker, Tableau, Google Analytics, Python etc.) and querying with at least one dialect of SQL
- You are able to balance attention to metric details against efficient and rapid execution
- You excel at translating business problems identified in your analysis into action plans
- You are effective in championing multiple projects and moving quickly to execute multiple iterations
- You convince with professionalism, enthusiasm and conscientiousness in your dealings with stakeholders
- A business with a conscience - we want everyone to have an amazing experience. From our suppliers, our customers and you
- Ability to influence and grow
- Fast working pace - we seem to have our own time zone ‘Farmdrop Time’ - we like to get things done nice and quickly - and exceptionally well.
- Great perks
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance (that comes with loads of perks)
- Monthly £25 allowance for you spending on your ‘Mind and Body’
- Remote Working - not much choice at the moment - but we hope to keep it going as long as we can
- Discount on your Farmdrop shopping
- Time off for volunteering
- Season Ticket Loan (up to £5k)
- Enhanced family policies (Maternity + Paternity)
- Cycle to Work - usual scheme that most offer - but it’s a really great saving
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈