Head of Corporate Strategy
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That's where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It's the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you're motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location. Wherever your working location of choice will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
Regarding candidates who want to relocate to Hamburg: Due to COVID our offices are temporarily closed. We will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then, you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.
The Head of Corporate Strategy is responsible for developing long-range strategic plans and objectives by identifying strategic opportunities and issues that could influence business growth and profitability. The work of the Head of Corporate Strategy focuses mostly on horizon two and three as usefully defined in The Alchemy of Growth, trying to build emerging businesses in the medium term (horizon two) and creating viable options for the long term (horizon three).
- Lead and support Jimdos initiatives spanning growth strategy, partnerships, and customer success by directly scoping, initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing strategic projects.
- Envision market trends, build and advocate for product & market fit for Jimdo's future in collaboration with senior management.
- Deliver data-driven insights to the management and the entire company to support actionable strategic direction, corporate prioritization, corporate development, and strategy communication.
- Analyze customer needs, industry trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities, and internal performance to formulate actionable recommendations.
- Solve unique and complex problems requiring integrated solutions with a broad impact on the business.
- Support the corporate planning process and ad hoc projects for executives, corporate requests, and special events.
- Build and lead a team of Business Partners if necessary.
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
- +5 years of relevant experience with a background in management consulting or SaaS product management
- Passionate about and inspired to disrupt the status quo, with experience working successfully in fast-paced environments with disruptive business models
- Experience playing an integral part in helping to identify and launch or scale rapidly growing businesses, paving the way for a company's short and long term objectives, establishing a clear mission, vision, and goals to achieve optimal results
- Fantastic identifier and recruiter of talent understanding how to get the most out of external experts and how to build the right internal teams to achieve results
- Inspirational leader with experience leading and developing teams with a proven track record in leading and transforming a highly effective and motivated cross-functional team
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, fantastic written and oral communicator
- You do not compromise in questions of quality, performance, and user experience
Elena will be happy to receive your application in English or German.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We're a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈