Head of Consulting/Professional Services
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
At Kubermatic, we believe that businesses should focus on their core purpose: writing groundbreaking applications, not operations. In line with our commitment to make Kubernetes as easy as possible, we help IT teams worldwide to fully automate their Kubernetes and cloud-native operations across multi-cloud, edge, and on-prem.
As one of the top 5 corporate contributors to the Kubernetes Project, we develop enterprise-grade software solutions and provide professional services and support to safely navigate and accelerate your cloud-native transformation. Our open-source Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform makes it easy to operate thousands of Kubernetes clusters on any infrastructure.
If you are looking for a neatly structured environment, we are just not a good match. But if you are thrilled by the prospect of joining a technology start-up with a lot of room for your own ideas and personal growth, we definitely should at least have a chat.
The Head of Professional Services will be responsible for growing and executing the delivery of services at the highest level of customer satisfaction for our large Global Accounts and Government clients. This role is a results-driven position, driving growth in a diverse Professional Services organization, accountable for Services Revenue, Services Gross Profit, and Customer Satisfaction. The Head of Professional Services is also responsible for developing and retaining talent, focused on both technical and customer service/consulting skills. The Head of Professional Services will directly engage with members of the sales team, leaders in other departments and with customers, and prospects.
What you'll do
- Formulate, define and execute professional services strategy with the Management & the Head of Sales, understanding customer business drivers and technical drivers
- Manage the team leads and the overall professional service organization and build a positive work environment
- Transport the overall company vision into the professional service organization
- Responsible for effective project resource planning processes in regards of time, people and budget where the different stakeholder interests (customer success, profit, employee skills and interests) get considered
- Drive and achieve sales objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships with our key vendor technical managers/executives
- Monitor performance, customer feedback, and customer satisfaction relative to our employee interaction with our customer base
- Monitor and report on key KPIs like utilization and billable time
- Oversee the process to get candidates interviewed, hired, and trained to ensure that the team is fully staffed and effective
What you'll bring
- Strong leadership skills and experience in growing a successful and motivated team
- Experience working with a consulting organisation
- Strategic thinker with a number-driven approach with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong Problem solver with high communication skills
- This role may require travel to meet with clients, work on strategic pipeline transactions, or to make presentations for clients, demand generation events, conferences, when/where applicable
- Experience working in a tech startup or SaaS environment is a plus
What you'll get in return
- The unique opportunity to join a growing startup and grow and learn with us
- A lot of room for your ideas and initiatives and the chance to quickly assume responsibility
- Agile development practices, cutting edge technologies (Kubernetes, Go and Prometheus) and an up-to-date stack
- Full support with getting the training and certification you need to do a good job (CKA, Linux Foundation Certification...) and conference opportunities
- As a remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours and home office as default, not on request
- A dynamic and still laid-back team (yes, you can combine that) with flat hierarchies, distributed over more than 13 countries
- Regular company events like hackathons, summer parties, afterworks, barbecues….
- We love community events - so you will definitely enjoy our meetups and our community conferences ContainerDays and GoDays
- As a member of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, we can offer certified courses and first-class information about what's coming up next in the Kubernetes ecosystem. And if you want to contribute, you are welcome to engage at CNCF projects or special interest groups
Please note that we only accept applications with a pdf CV!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈