Head of Business Development
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Are you a strategist at heart but love to figure things out? Are you passionate about education and you believe technology has an important role to play? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
We're looking for a Head of Business Development to join the team at Edpuzzle, a leading edtech company trusted by over 70% of schools in the USA and millions of teachers and students across the globe, with offices in San Francisco and Barcelona. This is a fully remote position. The right person will lead multiple tasks in Business Development: Look for new market opportunities in the same vertical or new ones, explore threats or opportunities in the current market, and expand or adjust the current value proposition for our current customers. If you are passionate about pushing companies forward and building their future, this is your chance to shine.
- Look for new market opportunities.
- Understand the Education Industry and customer pain points (curriculum, product)
- Understand Edpuzzle’s core market segment very well + user pain points
- Research new market opportunities based on customer pain points
- Conduct due diligence to size the market opportunity and asses if it makes business sense for EdPuzzle to pursue
- Analyze the trends in the EdTech Industry and bet on the future
- Size business and revenue opportunity.
- Define current market segment and calculate current TAM
- Define potential market segments to go after and calculate TAM
- Analyze competitors’ businesses and products and strategize how Edpuzzle can continue winning
- Facilitate relevant conversations with external partners to assess business opportunities as necessary
- Reassess pricing strategy
- Test initial solution for market.
- Collaborate with team members across the company to brainstorm initial solution for the market problem to pursue
- Set up KPIs to test the outcomes of the experiment
- Analyze data from the experiments
- Recommend go / no-go
- If the initial solution is recommended, then delivering all the information for the beta project to the correct team and being a resource to them to successfully complete the project.
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience at a consulting strategy firm or similar experience at a TECH company.
- Excellent leadership, management and soft skills.
- You love learning new strategies, approaches, and techniques.
- You're an excellent team player and you feel comfortable collaborating with anyone.
- Experience with project management tools.
- You have done multiple deep market and customer research analysis (quantitative and qualitative).
- Excellent English, written and spoken.
Previous experience with remote teams.
Previous experience in edtech companies.
- Competitive salary.
- A fun, friendly team of highly-motivated people with different skill sets and backgrounds.
- Macbook Pro and monitor setup.
- Healt, visual, dental insurance.
- 401K matching plan.
Edpuzzle is an equal opportunity employer, and we highly value diversity at our company. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈