1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
- Keep the CEO focused on the most important initiatives for the business - setting weekly priorities together, proactively managing calendar and communications to make sure the most important tasks get accomplished
- Triage CEO’s correspondence, primarily over email and slack, building an understanding of what messages should be prioritized (news, investor outreach, services, etc) so you can be an effective filter and eventually handle a substantial amount of the correspondence yourself
- Proactively manage the CEO’s time - booking meetings and appointments, planning travel, and taking other administrative tasks off his plate
- Own executive team functions such as coordinating our weekly All Hands meetings, setting agendas and note-taking with our weekly department head meetings, collecting and disseminating status updates on company goals (OKRs), etc.
- Manage occasional HR and office tasks like collecting laptops from departing employees, coordinating logistics around team gatherings and finding vendors to provide one-off services for our office
- Assist with miscellaneous personal tasks, including finding residential contractors, coordinating with nannies/daycare, researching gifts, setting doctor & vet appointments, etc. The CEO has a newborn daughter, a dog, and a house - responsibilities he shares with his wife who is also a busy startup executive. Taking some of these tasks off of his plate can be a big time saver.
- 3+ years of experience as an EA or in a similar administrative function
- Austin resident preferred, but full remote is possible for the right candidateExcellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Extremely organized and 100% reliableExcited about entrepreneurship and business in general. It’s ok if you don’t want to be an EA forever.
- Fast learner. You adapt to new situations, processes, domains of knowledge quickly.
- High level computer proficiency, including familiarity with tools like Google Apps, Slack, and Zoom
- Comfortable working from home - we have an office in South Austin, but half of our company is remote; the CEO works from home often and you will have the option to work remotely most of the time if you prefer
- You can maintain confidentiality and use a high degree of discretion. You'll have visibility into a lot of business & personal life details.
- Pass a background check (ie no criminal history)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈