Director, Strategy & Operations
1 week ago
Hiring from: USA Only
Director, Strategy & Operations
As a member of the Strategy and Operations team at WM Holding Company, you'll play a central role in driving our priorities and growth agenda. You will lead our business planning processes, develop frameworks to guide decision-making and evaluate commercial initiatives to drive growth in the B2B side of Weedmaps. Members of the S&O team focus on initiatives and projects that constantly fuel the growth of the company.
Weedmaps is the cloud platform that powers the Cannabis industry. We help millions of consumers learn about and find Cannabis while also helping thousands of organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their Cannabis business, whether they are a grower, producer, retailer or consumer. Our products are engineered for security, reliability, and scalability, running the full stack from application infrastructure to end user devices. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers, medical institutions and government agencies see the benefits of an industry platform. As the dominant technology leader in the rapidly expanding cannabis space, Weedmaps has an opportunity to help define the market landscape - and we invite you to help capitalize on this once in a lifetime opportunity.
The impact you'll make:
- As Director, Strategy and Operations, you will play a key role within the organization by using a data-driven approach to make strategic recommendations and drive understanding of our fast-growing business.
- You will be a key member of the team that our General Manager looks to for insights and strategic direction. In this role, you will also provide analytical support to key special projects ranging from reporting and execution of new processes, the rollout of new platforms, and support key strategic business objectives.
- Lead and create content for key strategic and business planning processes
- Partner with stakeholders to execute and run specific initiatives including convening cross-functional teams, leading exploratory projects prior to handing off to the business and serving as our internal SWAT team for enterprise-level problems to be solved
- Help augment our business intelligence including market analysis and revenue performance
Who you’ll work with:
- You will report to the General Manager, WM Business and partner with our C-Suite and business leaders from our Sales & Marketing and Product Development functions
What you've accomplished:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience in Strategic Planning or Strategic Finance at a technology company, Investment Banking, Consulting, and/or Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to independently drive projects; motivated to learn all aspects of our business
- Fully embraces and thrives while working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to be a thought-partner with senior leaders
- Great communication skills, well organized, strong project management skills, ability to multitask and be a team player
- Track record of leading and managing teams
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈