Director, People Insights
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Where and Why
The People team at Twilio is rapidly expanding to support the company’s exponential growth. This role will be a critical member of our People team that will drive our People Insights function. Reporting into the Head of People Operations, the role will be responsible for leading & building a world-class function to generate people insights that drive business outcomes.
We are seeking an experienced leader who lives the Twilio Magic and is excited to roll up their sleeves to accelerate the People function’s ability to leverage data and insights to proactively drive business decisions. This role will also enhance the storytelling capability of the People function, by identifying key people insights that drive the People strategy, diversity strategy, and business outcomes. They also have:
- PhD or MS+ concentration preferred with discipline in Stats, Math, Comp Sci, Engineering, Economics, Psychology, Quantitative Social Science, or equivalent experience required.
- 10+ years’ experience within the data analysis field or discipline with People Management experience leading, developing and empowering a team.
- Ability to handle, and maintain the confidentiality of, highly sensitive information.
- Master Proficiency with SQL, SAS, Python or R and master knowledge of statistics (descriptive, regression, etc.)
- Business experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI.)
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing advanced HR analytics deliverables, tools and strategies.
- Superior strategic and analytical skills with ability to draw key insights and develop clear recommendations.
- Proven experience thinking systematically and designing for long-term scale.
- Strong knowledge of current market practices and trends in data analytics with a strong business acumen & knowledge of HR subject matter.
- Ability to build partnerships across various functions with strong influencing and change management skills.
- Strong communication skills – written, oral, presentation and storytelling.
As a Director of People Insights you will live the following Twilio Magic Values:
- BE AN OWNER: Set the vision and be accountable for the impact of the company’s People Insights team. Translate technical outputs from our Data Team into a clear narrative with recommendations to help improve our clients’ business. Ability to build and manage a high performing team over time. For now, you will be doing lots of hands-on, detailed work to develop strategies and get our data working for us. Situate the Team as a strategic partner that can provide data-driven insights to guide strategy. Own the prioritization of projects, communicate those priorities to business partners, and create a roadmap of when and how to get things done.
- BE BOLD: Responsible for utilizing people related data to uncover opportunities and inform critical business decisions that impact short and long-term strategies. Establish a roadmap which includes business intelligence, data warehousing and data visualization standards for the People team.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Develop business partnerships, enable access to their data, help educate, and turn insights into action. Work with the Data Team to communicate suggestions for continuous improvements in data quality and management. Strong collaboration with People Team COEs and other Cross Functional Stakeholders to ensure to capture holistic People Insights.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES:. Effectively partner with clients to diagnose solutions to key organizational challenges and develop value-based roadmaps that support the application of analytic solutions to solve client business issues on a continuous and repeatable basis. Drive predictive analytics to help drive talent and business growth and mitigate risks.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Translate data and model results into tactical and strategic insights that are complete, accurate, relevant, understandable and applicable to client businesses and needs. Possess the ability to create and evolve the analytics/insights story for the business. This role will lead the efforts to improve visibility and efficiencies for HR through centralized business analysis and reporting, ultimately influencing leaders to make evidence-based decisions that change behavior and drive business results.
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced People Insights leader. The primary purpose of this role is to deliver insights on data that inform decisions by developing and implementing a people intelligence and analytics strategy within the People team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈