Director of Operations, Instruction
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Revolution Prep is looking for an experienced, independent, and driven leader who is capable of supporting a business growing at an exceptional rate. Did you have a high GPA, are you always the one planning ahead strategically, and do you get excited by solving complex problems? Are you ready to work hard, collaborate with like-minded people, and tackle challenges head on? Are you searching for a seat on a rocketship that's primed for extreme growth? This job is for you.
At Revolution Prep, we've been blazing the trail in live online education since 2012, when we transitioned from in-person learning to create the world's first and only full-time professional tutoring corps. We believe in the power of a high-quality teacher to drive engagement and excitement around learning in students of all ages in every subject.
As we venture into our next phase of major growth, we are looking for an amazing Director of Operations, Instruction to help us take things to the next level. Every day, we are bringing on new students and that requires us to have enough amazing tutors onboard to staff all of our programs. From recruiting and onboarding to managing the new student tutor matching/staffing process, you will match supply with demand, ensuring we deliver top-quality matches to all of our tutoring programs. You will be the one to ensure that our service delivery is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people. This position requires an individual to be extremely organized, have a keen attention to detail, and the flexibility to work with different aspects of a business.
As the Director of Operations, Instruction you will provide a variety of management and professional support activities with an emphasis on planning, operational efficiency, and effectiveness. You will coordinate and lead many activities that are directly under the responsibility of the Vice President of Operations, as well as serve as an internal consultant and change agent to lead and or support a variety of initiatives aimed at increasing organizational effectiveness. This high-speed role requires a great deal of complex problem-solving across time zones, and tireless entrepreneurial spirit. You will be shaping the landscape of service delivery and we expect you to find solutions and create opportunities with minimum handholding. We are largely unencumbered by red tape, but building process is a critical step towards scale - be prepared to build structures that empowers ongoing, sustainable rapid growth.
You must be able to demonstrate leadership across the organization, communicating easily with staff in the full spectrum roles and at all organizational levels. You are responsible for all day-to-day operations, programs, and procedures when it comes to fulfilling the demand of our services.
If you're ready to roll your sleeves up, take extreme ownership of this part of our business, and innovate and iterate to take our business to the next level, please click the button below to apply today.
- Oversee the recruitment of all tutoring positions, including but not limited to Professional Tutors, Small Group Course Tutors, STEM Specialists.
- Work with the part-time recruiter to manage candidate flow and optimize the recruitment process to meet demand and hiring needs.
- Liaise between the Faculty Operations Coordinators to identify trends and expected capacity constraints by tutor group and subject in order to facilitate recruitment of tutors needed.
- Manage a team of Faculty Operations Coordinators, responsible for onboarding new tutors and staffing tutors to all programs.
- Oversee the Tutor Matching process ensuring all service level agreements with internal teams are met and optimizing the process to gain efficiencies.
- Assist with recruitment, onboarding, or tutor matching as needed, especially when high volume or demand is present.
- Liaise with the sales and sales operations teams to identify improvements to processes and SLAs that help streamline the tutor staffing and matching practices.
- As necessary, identify, vet, and onboard external solutions to refine business processes that support delivering our services more efficiently.
- Conceptualize the overarching needs, workflows, and implementation of new tools or processes in a way that maximizes team adoption.
- Completing additional projects or assignments as requested by the Vice President of Operations.
- Bachelor's degree
- High-speed internet, as well as a clean, quiet, professional setting for online meetings
- Previous experience building high-performing teams (including recruitment of new talent)
- Ability to transition strategic vision to day-to-day tactical operations
- Knowledge of data analysis and use of performance metrics for operations employees
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to forge excellent internal communication with team members and build outstanding professional working relationships
- High comfort level with technology and tech troubleshooting
- Ability to work efficiently with strong attention to detail
- Embodies a "growth mindset" (unafraid of challenges; adaptable to change; willingness to learn)
- Proven track record developing and executing change management strategies with the ability to communicate throughout all levels of the organization
- Experience with technology, operational tools, work-stream management, and automation systems
- Authorized to work in the United States (current residence must also be in the US)
Given the position is remote, we require high-speed internet to be provided by the employee.
Revolution Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law. At Revolution Prep, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈