Director of Operations
Black Women Talk Tech
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Who are we?
Black Women Talk Tech (BWTT) is a collective of black women tech founders who have a unique understanding of the challenges we face in the industry, but also of the unique advantages we can bring. We're here to identify, support, and encourage black women to build the next billion-dollar businesses. Through our annual programming, including a conference and virtual summit with a strong following and a growing digital Membership, we aim to normalize the black woman founder through education, promotion and funding.
Who are you?
You believe in entrepreneurs. You're resourceful, energetic, independent thinking, and can quickly build great relationships. You embrace the excitement of long-term strategic planning but understand the devil is in the details...
We are looking for a rising leader to work closely with our Co-Founders to turn ideas & strategy into flawless execution and enable our entire team to be as effective as possible in our next stage of growth. You will be a thought partner to the Executive Leadership team on all matters, including but not be limited to, strategic leadership vision, budgeting, goal execution, staffing, and internal training. It's also key that this person has the soft skills and judgment to quickly understand the climate and engagement of the organization, then be able to build tools, processes, and systems to strengthen and accelerate the team. Ultimately, the goal of the Director of Operations role is to ensure Black Women Talk Tech has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization in order to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
SUPPORT the FOUNDERS in establishing, communicating, tracking, and measuring overall business strategy (identify Company inflection points, then think backward to plan and execute necessary activity), goals and initiatives and ensure that our teams are constantly aligned on daily priorities while working on longer-term special projects and strategic initiatives.
ORGANIZE discussion points, to-dos, follow-ups, and draft thoughtful correspondence. Leader-type individuals who can work well with others could be a great asset for this role. Furthermore, as the chief team operator, you will manage weekly leadership meetings and boost team culture, encouraging productive dialogue and focus.
PROVIDE decision support by working with leadership to distill and organize recommendations (anticipate requests for additional information, support with additional research or information analysis, and surface key takeaways to ensure content is presented in a digestible format).
MANAGE the progress of key business drivers and KPIs; adapt and improve metrics to ensure that the executive team has up-to-date and accurate information as to BWTT's growth targets.
EXECUTE on special projects for the CEO, including the development of team growth, culture, partnerships, sales, and M&A activities.
- High EQ, soft skills, and strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build relationships with stakeholders across an organization and use influence (not authority) to achieve meaningful and measurable results.
- Self-starter who is comfortable operating with ambiguity in a fast-paced dynamic environment who has a track record executing quickly on complex projects with minimal guidance. You can operate in a fast-paced environment without losing focus on the big picture
- Executive-level communication skills: Your written (including decks) and verbal communication is compelling and precise. You can quickly take complex concepts and communicate them briefly, simply, and persuasively. You've demonstrated the ability to communicate at executive or board levels of large companies or organizations.
- Structured problem solving: Strategic thinking, in particular the ability to break complex problems down into component parts. The ability to lead on and enjoy both strategic and tactical work is key.
- Analytical capability: You're confident creating, scrutinizing, and improving everything from revenue models to pivot tables. You've repeatedly done the work to make sure complex business reporting data is accurate, but you're also able to cut out the noise by identifying the 2 or 3 most salient data points to inform decision making.
- Stellar Project Management skills: highly organized, process-driven, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate needs to be able to plan a successful game plan with realistic deadlines and can spot typos two seconds after receiving a document.
- Entrepreneurial (experience in a startup environment a plus!), action-oriented, and can confidently work independently after clear instructions or a general consensus. You have great power in delegating tasks, which is both a blessing and a curse, so executive leadership must be your superpower.
- **Experience with financial modeling, understanding of finance fundamentals required, with prior experience in the asset management industry a plus
- Extensive events and conference experience. You will serve as a point person for all internal production of event-driven activities. Also, serve as point person with hired external production teams for large-scale Markeee conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or similar field; MBA is a plus.
REPORTS TO: BWTT Founders
HOURS: Full-time Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include Health, Vision, Dental & 401k.
Black Women Talk Tech is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈