Director of Finance, Strategy & Operations
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
TCGplayer was founded by Chedy Hampson and Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space. We have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We provide stock options to 100% of our 250 team members and project our team to grow to over 400 by the end of 2021.
With our initial goal of building the most dynamic and compelling marketplace for collectible card games in the U.S accomplished, we are now set to bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the entire $25B global collectible hobby market.
We are looking for a business leader who can help to actualize our ambition to be The Central Source of the World’s Collections. Your insights and actions will support us in delivering delightful experiences to a broad and global group of collectible enthusiasts and enabling us to build a strong and sustainable business.
As the Director of Finance, Strategy & Operations at one of the largest and most exciting online marketplaces, you will be a key partner to the CFO and to the CEO in driving organic and inorganic growth and expansion of the business while also working across teams to drive operational excellence. We aren’t just an industry leader, we’re helping to create the industry itself.
- Drive operational excellence with strong leadership and partnership skills across all teams.
- Bring rigor to financial forecasting to drive business decisions.
- Work across the Company to conduct ‘deep dives’ into challenging operational areas to deliver insight that helps drive and institute new operational practices.
- Identify and evaluate new product categories that drive data-driven strategic decisions on growth and expansion.
- Play a key role as a business partner to our product teams to launch new verticals and new geographies.
- Build and communicate a compelling investment thesis in partnership with the CEO and CFO in order to raise equity and debt capital successfully.
- 5-7 years relatable experience, with 3+ years of that experience in strategy development either with a major consulting firm, internal corporate strategy team, or finance role required.
- Comfort developing detailed financial analysis that will drive internal capital allocation decisions and corporate development efforts, including internal project ROI assessments and M&A financial modeling.
- Stellar analytical skills and experience crafting/visualizing business strategy.
- Ability to apply rigorous quantitative analysis to various organic and inorganic growth opportunities, including detailed financial modeling.
- Professional experience in business operations, program management or working with cross-functional teams.
- Can build the business "story" and develop the materials to support the telling of that narrative to an executive level audience.
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage with the majority of the premium paid by the Company.
- 100% company paid dental insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- TCGplayer stock options for all employees
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer has been named a Great Place to Work five consecutive years. Our award-winning workplace culture is critical to ensuring our teams are building the best, most innovative solutions for game store owners. Learn more about working at TCGplayer.
- TCGplayer Receives $10 Million Growth Equity Investment From Radian Capital
- TCGplayer Reveals New Showcase and Pro Retail App at GAMA 2019
- TCGplayer Certified Great Place to Work Fifth Year in a Row
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈