Director of Field Operations
4 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Kasa's product is built on the flexibility and scalability of its systems. Unlike a typical hotel, our rooms are inside high-quality apartment buildings. We are able to profitably operate buildings with as few as 2-5 Kasas as well as those with several hundred. Instead of an on-site front desk, we have a 24/7 virtual guest experience team that provides guests with knowledgeable, attentive, and personalized service. Our focus on marrying operations and technology allows us to centralize processes, automate tasks, and simplify work-streams. All of this reduces the need for on-site staffing at our locations while increasing the quality of the experience for guests. We have Kasas all over the country (in 17+ states) and are expanding into new markets every day.
At Kasa, we aren't only investing in product, technology and properties. We're investing in people! We believe that our teams help the company—as well as each other—grow. We hope your career path at Kasa will be unique and exciting. Many team members have been able to advance and move into other roles within Kasa in order to pursue their passions!
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead our Field Operations department. As Director of Field Operations, you will have end-to-end ownership over housekeeping, maintenance, and quality assurance of physical operations across the Kasa portfolio. This will include optimizing quality standards, developing systems and tools for team use on the ground, improving operational efficiencies, and overseeing hiring efforts. You will oversee an organization with over 50+ Independent Contractors and directly manage 4+ individuals.
In this role, you will report to the Senior Director of Product and Operations and work closely with the Kasa leadership team, especially other operating department leads. It takes an entrepreneurial creative problem solver to oversee this critical department and we hope you're excited by the challenge!
Kasa's Field Operations department mission: Ensure our guests receive a reliable on-site experience and support organizational operations on the ground.
Our team members are located all over the country, have diverse backgrounds, and come from many different industries. Everyone joined Kasa because they are passionate about delivering high quality standards to ensure that our guests love their experience while staying with Kasa.
This role covers a wide range of activities. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Hire, train, and develop the Field Operations management team (currently 4 and growing!); they support 50+ representatives in the field at present
- Provide collaborative support around daily operational challenges
- Contribute to training and other resources for local representatives
- Coordinate system improvement efforts with the Tech & Product team
- Work with the Launch Operations team to ensure all expansion projects have a smooth handoff
- Optimize guest support processes with the Guest Experience team; refine cross-team communication and support outlets
- Streamline maintenance issue submission + resolution workflow between guests, the Guest Experience team, property partners, and on-site representatives
Leadership + Strategy
- Participate in + lead meetings with team members from other departments and various Kasa thought leaders
- Develop + execute ongoing departmental objectives and key results
- Determine how best to deliver high quality standards while improving both operational and financial efficiencies
- Establish tools and processes that increase accountability in the field and enhance Kasa quality standards
- 7-10+ years of work experience in operations, overseeing complex real-world initiatives
- Experience with strategy development and building scalable processes
- Experiencing hiring and managing a large team (10+) that includes remote non-exempt employees (i.e. a field team)
- The ability to interpret and analyze financial and non-financial data
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken
- Bachelor's Degree
Nice to Have
- Masters in Business Administration, Operations Research, or something similar
- 2+ years of experience in a small company environment (and liked it!)
- Knowledge of housekeeping, maintenance, property and/or short term rental management
- Experience hiring, supporting and building culture amongst a remote team
- Experiencing sourcing and managing a team of contractors
- Aligned our housekeeping and hospitality operations departments around quantitative and qualitative performance management methods
- Materially improved our Cleaning scores across our portfolio
- Reduced the number of physical defects encountered by our guests, improving our overall ratings and NPS
- Partner with tech & product to build tools to achieve these objectives with increasing efficiency (hours per turn) and reduce cost (per clean and occupied night)
🌏 Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
✈️ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
📈 Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company
🙌 Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it's not disruptive to their work
💲 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
👩⚕️ Health Coverage: We've invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
Kasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈