Director of Engineering
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Multiple locations
- Oversee the engineering team and help Tech Leads across the company to implement methodologies, processes, and quality guidelines to prepare for growth and reach technical and engineering excellence.
- Working closely with Product managers, guarantee the team has the highest efficiency on product delivery. Review development processes and adapt them to reach high-speed and frequent delivery with the maximum quality possible.
- With an understanding of the company’s current state and roadmap, you will be responsible for continuously adapting the engineering team so it has the right size and structure to meet the company goals and delivery demands.
- Help the different projects teams, and especially PMs, to coordinate efforts that involve different engineering teams.
- Help different departments to use technology efficiently and profitably. Keep technology costs coherent with the company state. Work together with other managers to define and implement technical metrics affecting the business (platform KPIs, level of service, etc.).
- We need an engineering leader that has worked with teams with different problems and topologies. We expect from you to have a great understanding of the main challenges of growth in a product company and to have the ability to implement tailored solutions for the Sketch team.
- You have managed individual contributors and also other managers. You have taken a leading role in organizational changes involving people, and implemented processes regarding technical delivery with multi-functional teams and professional growth processes regarding career development and performance improvements.
- The bigger the team is, usually, the more challenges appear. You have led teams of more than 30 people for a few years, either directly or indirectly through middle managers.
- Working from home sometimes is not the same thing than working remote and you have a great understanding of the communication and collaboration challenges in a fully-remote organization.
- Another challenge regarding communication in a big, remote company, is to transmit ideas to every single person in the team. You are an excellent communicator. You are able to take complex or dense concepts, synthesize them and pass them on to your team so the message is always clear.
- You care for the detail and don't settle for so-so solutions, especially when they affect people. You are always aware of what works in your team and what doesn’t and always have a roadmap in mind. You like to track improvement with numbers and you are able to implement indicators across your team that give you the right answers.
- Although it's not essential that you have previous hands-on technical experience, it's important that you can maintain conversations with technical roles, be able to help them make day-to-day decisions and understand the development progress of projects and their requirements.
- Our Technology team is mainly based in European timezones. At this point it's essential that you can overlap most of the time with them without supposing an extra effort for you.
- Flexibility to organize your own time, no set hours
- As many vacation days as you need
- Whatever training you need to develop in your job
- The laptop you need
- The option to work anywhere in European/African timezones
- Company equity
- Paid family leave
- An annual company meetup
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Multiple locations .
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈