Director of Business Development
Lucent Biosciences, Inc.
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Lucent Biosciences is on a mission to address climate impact on global food security and nutrition by developing solutions that regenerate soils. Soileos is our first product: a cellulose-based smart micronutrient granular fertilizer and seed coating offering higher yields without the threat of runoff pollution. The technology is ready to go to market this year. We're looking to bring this game-changing innovation into the hands of growers around the world.
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow a company 10x (or more!) in revenue? Have you got the marketing and sales know-how to lead a team to success? Responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of the Marketing and Sales team to achieve aggressive revenue goals, the Director of Business Development will be working closely with the CEO and other leaders to take Lucent BioSciences to the next stage of growth.
This is a full-time position with a starting salary based on experience plus performance-based incentives.
- The culture is dynamic, quick-paced, and entrepreneurial
- Your coworkers are collaborative, proactive, and interesting.
- Your compensation is comprehensive, competitive, and can include benefits like extended health insurance
- Your priorities matter. Career growth? Balancing work and life? Growing your own side-hustle? Helping you live your best life is #goals.
- Your diversity is valued. This job is open to anyone authorized to work in Canada, those aspiring to do so who can obtain a work permit (yes, we can help with that), or remote folks who have overlapping windows of time with Vancouver.
You like to spend your time:
- Building and leading a globally operating sales and marketing team in strategy and optimal operations to maximize revenue
- Create a predictable and sustainable revenue model that aligns with business goals
- Craft brand positioning that articulates our products and solutions and value propositions and differentiators and builds awareness through positioning and thought leadership
- Acting as a steward of our brand and products and building successful relationships with customers and partners
- Define and maintain the needs of sales and marketing team tools and technology
- Build and execute customer acquisition and account-based marketing campaigns using a mix of paid, earned, and owned media/channels to drive predictable lead conversions
- Take the lead in key accounts and partnerships
- Maintain a high degree of accountability and communication with the entire team in regards to reporting and key metrics measurement
- 10-15 years in progressive Sales, Marketing, Growth Hacking, RevOps or Operations experience
- A solid track record of strategizing for growth and achieving metrics in the food processing, life sciences or agriculture industry
- Experience selling technology licenses in the food processing, life sciences or agriculture industry
- Demonstrated experience with technical sales and product knowledge
- Impressive data analytics and research skills
- Hands-on familiarity with CRMs and other sales software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Stellar negotiation skills
- Confidence, empathy, and interpersonal skills necessary to build high performing and well-connected teams
- Amazing organizational, people management, and time management skill
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈