Director Managed Care
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
At DermTech, we believe there's a better way to treat your skin, and we're using technology, innovation, and data to fundamentally change the way the world practices dermatology. We have developed technology that assesses your skin at the RNA and DNA level, so we can see signs of skin cancer far earlier, reduce the need for surgery, enable optimized treatment plans, and customize skincare plans to your skin's unique molecular makeup. We call this practice “precision dermatology” and we believe it truly is a new era in disease detection. A method that is not just better, but different. One centered around our patented smart sticker, which collects tissue from your skin's surface easily, accurately, and painlessly, and our state-of-the-art Gene Lab, which analyzes that tissue at the genomic level using a proprietary gene analysis system. By pushing the boundaries of areas like cancer detection and patient care, we truly believe our technology can change the world. And we're seeking team members with the vision, passion, and creativity to do the same.
This role will oversee payor strategy, contracting and management at a regional level for both existing and future products. This individual will leverage their own experience and relationships to accomplish company objectives. The scope entails the identification and development of coverage and reimbursement for new health plan, ACO and Integrated Delivery Networks IDN, IPA payor contracts (collectively, “customer”), as well as the continued development and deepening of service relationships with existing payor clients (“clients”). This role will be responsible for monitoring and managing ongoing growth in revenue and profitability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Uses resources available to actively research and select key strategic customers; identify customer and client needs; generate strategic plans and propose tailored solutions to address needs of and prioritize prospects which enhance the regional territory.
• Identify customer financial trends and manage stabilization, facilitating discussion with customer and billing.
• Identify depth & maturity of existing client services relationships and develop plans to improve over time
• Develop direct relationships with sales management, operations and billing. Establish yourself as a market leader that can help identify and fix challenges
• Build and oversee all relationships within assigned customer accounts
• Facilitate the resolution of problem customer issues utilizing personal contacts, negotiations and problem-solving skills
• Manage contracting, including developing negotiation strategies, gathering data for negotiations, and participating in negotiations to achieve company's objectives
• Provides leadership and subject matter expertise to within the company on the changing healthcare dynamics and the needs of company's customers and clients. Proactively share best practices across internal and external functions.
• Work with customers to facilitate streamlined reimbursement for the company
• Facilitates communication, implementation and maintenance of managed care policies, procedures and objectives
• Provides customer information and data to management and sales to ensure overall marketing effectiveness.
• Participate in strategy development for the team and lead customer strategy for assigned accounts in company meetings.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
• Master's degree preferred
• 7+ Years of experience in account management and healthcare sales
• Experience with CPT-Code reimbursement
• Previous experience with independent home office work and travel
• Previous experience with bringing new products to healthcare market
• Presentation skills
• Previous contract review, negotiation
• Knowledge of CMS, and third-party payor requirements, prior authorizations, claims adjudication, medical policy review.
• Proficient in working with Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel and Power Point.
• Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
DermTech is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at DermTech via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of DermTech. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by DermTech as a result of the referral or through other means.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈