Data Analyst (Mid/Senior)
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
- Analyse how user behaviour drives platform growth, and make recommendations on how to allocate resources to improve this growth.
- Improve the quality, the honesty, and engagement of Prolific’s participant pool through analysis of user behaviour and collection of new data.
- Increase the diversity and representativeness of Prolific’s participant pool by ongoing monitoring and analysis of demographics.
- Analyse key growth metrics, retention, stickiness, churn over time etc. and determine causal links between product changes and growth. You will work closely with management and use these data to influence key decisions and help our startup grow quickly.
- Use BI platforms, such as Metabase, to create visualisations, segment our user base, and develop dashboards to track key growth, data quality, and demographic metrics over time.
- Develop a clear understanding of our users and intersect this qualitative data with quantitative data and develop a plan of key questions to answer with data.
- Develop attention checks, consistency checks and longitudinal measures designed to track participants’ consistency, honesty, and engagement.
- Tell a story with data, writing reports that accurately describe what you've done and that summarise any insights you’ve gained and your confidence in your findings.
- Experience writing high-quality analytic SQL, and be confident with Python.
- Understanding of statistical practices and common analytical techniques.
- Experience of product analytics, such as A/B tests, retention and churn metrics.
- An eye for detail, but can get things done quickly and correctly even in unfamiliar territory.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as evidenced by presentations and written reports.
- Experience building production dashboards in a common BI platform (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc).
- Comfortable using Git for version control
- Knowledge of advanced techniques such as machine learning, or multilevel modelling.
- Understanding of marketplace dynamics, behavioural research or or business intelligence.
- Salary negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- Employee stock options scheme.
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Flexible working: Work equipment of your choice (paid for by us), and you can work flexibly from home or from our coworking space (also paid for by us).
- Flexible hours: We have core hours of 10am - 3pm (with an hour for lunch), but the rest is up to you.
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (which you can switch with your religious holiday).
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organization each year.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈