Corporate Counsel – Waste Industry Experience
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
- Provide legal advice on a variety of business initiatives, risk, policies, and internal compliance issues. Ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Review, negotiate, and develop legal agreements, review complex strategic transactions, and recommend strategies and solutions for business issues.
- Work closely and collaboratively to develop and implement key legal processes and systems corporate wide.
- Assist in achieving corporate objectives by providing analysis and guidance on projects and transactions, including asset purchase.
- Assist Chief Legal Officer regarding corporate governance and matters involving the board.
- Assist Chief Legal Officer in litigation and dispute resolution matters. Provide senior management with counsel as to, litigation brought by and against BDC.
- Other projects as requested from time to time by the Chief Legal Officer.
- Prior work experience in the Waste Industry required; gas projects and project finance preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong legal research and analytic skills.
- Strong self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- J.D. degree; successfully passed bar exam
- 5-7 years’ experience practicing law in the Waste Industry
- Corporate experience in gas deals or project finance, preferred
- Highly adept at resolving challenging legal issues and deliver clear, concise, sound and practical legal advice
- Ability to make recommendations and difficult decisions to implement best practices.
- Experience drafting and revising legal documents from templates and preparing policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to balance working on multiple projects in multiple time zone in parallel. Results driven with ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal - to work with executives across various geographies and functions; comfortable in business and technical discussions.
- Strong research and analysis skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in ambiguous situations.
- Experience with cost-effective management of outside legal resources.
- Flexibility and willingness to work all hours needed to get work done, as required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point) and ability to help team with technology
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈