1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
We are looking for a brilliant, experienced Corporate Counsel as the first in-house member of ReCharge’s legal team. As our Corporate Counsel, you will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for providing and coordinating exemplary legal service at ReCharge, a fast-paced, growing e-commerce business. You should be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and have the ability to manage a wide range of projects.
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Partner with the senior leadership team to help drive business outcomes.
- Provide legal advice to the senior leadership team on a broad range of legal topics, including but not limited to the following:
- Employment matters.
- International, GDPR compliance, and privacy laws.
- Corporate governance matters, including general Board and shareholder matters and stock option issuances.
- Commercial contracts.
- Statutory and regulatory matters.
- Venture capital financings and M&A transactions.
- Assist in the operation and development of the policies and procedures for the company.
- Contribute to problem resolution by identifying, addressing, and escalating issues as they arise.
- Partner with the sales and growth team to drive the company’s revenue generating process.
- Develop and manage internal and external business relationships.
- Analyze laws and regulations relevant to the various businesses, developing compliance programs and facilitating compliance audits.
- JD from a top tier law school with excellent credentials
- Active member of CA State Bar
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, with at least 3+ years at a prominent law firm and 2+ years in-house at a large tech company
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills on financial/commercial transactions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff and management in various departments
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and driven to do things right
- Self motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Effective in a dynamic environment, adapting to and managing change in a positive and proactive manner
- A team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈