Chief Operations Officer
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Newchip is a global startup focused software suite that provides world changing early-stage startups with the tools, skills, mentorship, and network necessary to successfully raise, build, and scale their businesses to exit. We're a veteran founding team with decades of experience, numerous acquisitions under our belts, and we're looking for the next member of our team.
We've helped fund over $150M into companies and are looking for team members that want to truly help startups by connecting them to our services and product suite. If you're looking to make a difference in the world while also generating personal success, this role will provide you with the mentorship, leadership, and long-term growth potential to make that dream a reality.
Mission Statement: We deliver results and set the standard for entrepreneurs and investors everywhere. That being said, we're a 100% personal meritocracy so before we move forward do you fit our core company values?
- Personal Integrity - We take ownership for our responsibilities and do what we say we will do no matter what.
- Humble & Coachable - We have respect for authority and experience, but also a hunger for constant feedback.
- Self Motivation - We strive to learn, grow, and constantly improve ourselves so that we can contribute to the team.
- Gritty Resolve - We face down all adversity, we take all criticism, and we get knocked down, but we always get back up.
- Passionately Ambitious - We put everything into our work because accomplishing the team goal, equals personal success.
- You have experience with startups, SaaS, and technology products
- You have a passion for entrepreneurship and love Shark Tank
- You can connect with, lead, and influence executive decision-makers
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer or COO to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures and run the day-to-day business. You will be the company's second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of company. The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You'll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader with the ability to launch new initiatives from the ground up, recruit the team, and install the leaders necessary to make them successful. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethic, we'd like to meet you. The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth from $2M-$20M a year.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures in line with vision of CEO
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth for leaders, teams, and company
- Establish policies that promote an agile startup company culture and vision of constant improvement
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (Marketing, Sales, Finance, etc.)
- Leader to employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication to mission and goals
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics for each department and leader
- Write and submit reports to the CEO and board for review in all matters of importance/improvements
- Assist CEO in implementing and executing the vision daily as CEO runs the accelerator product and fund
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors/ and implement new ones to increase efficiency
- Proven experience and success as Chief Operating Office or relevant role (exit, acquisition, ROI, etc)
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc.
- Demonstrable and proven competency in strategic planning and business development
- Strong financial modeling ability alongside development of hiring and growth plans
- Experience in startups, capital raising, and fundraising is a plus to be involved in accelerator
- Expert in knowledge of data analysis and department performance/operation metrics
- Expert in knowledge of systems, IT, business infrastructure, dashboards, CRM's, etc
- Outstanding and proven organizational and leadership abilities in scaling companies growth
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills, charismatic and driven to succeed
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving, able to make mistakes and grow
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards for our industry
- Flexible and remote work environment with HQ in Austin, TX
- Comprehensive medical, insurance, and startup benefits program
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Competitive base salary + commission + equity stock grant options
- Regularly planned team outings and company events (monthly & quarterly)
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈