Business Team Support Associate
All Our Kin
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Position Title: Business Team Support Associate
Reports to: Business Program Functional Leader and Director Liaison
Position Status: Full-Time
Location: CT or NY
Target Start Date: ASAP
About All Our Kin
All Our Kin is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that trains, supports, and sustains family child care providers to ensure that children and families have the foundations they need to succeed in school and in life. At All Our Kin, we support family child care providers at every stage of their development – from parents and caregivers to professional educators and business owners – using a strength-based, high-touch approach. Through our programs, family child care providers succeed as early childhood educators and small business owners; parents have access to high-quality, affordable child care, making it possible for them to enter into and remain within the workforce; and infants and toddlers gain the enriching experiences that prepare them to succeed in school and in life. All Our Kin is recognized as a national model, and has been proven through studies to raise the quality, availability, and sustainability of family child care.
All Our Kin first opened its doors in a housing development in New Haven, Connecticut in 1999. Today, we serve over 1000 family child care educators in five Connecticut cities and the Bronx.
What You Will Do
We are searching for an enthusiastic teammate who is looking to make an impact and is excited about being a part of an effective, growing organization. This is a full-time position supervised by the Business Program Functional Leader and Director Liaison. All Our Kin has offices in New Haven, Bridgeport, & Stamford, CT and now in the Bronx, NY. The Business Support Coordinator will work with CT and NY sites.
- Coordinate Curriculum & Program Development
- Responsible for all curriculum updates including accounting system, and the Business Series by incorporating feedback from the team.
- Updating the yearly accounting system workbook and training
- Develop new business training materials and curriculum of new topics outside of the business and accounting series for providers.
- Manage the All Our Kin Loan Program
- Assist with transitioning the loan program to an external servicer.
- Lead development and implementation of Special Projects
- Research new Covid related assistance programs
- Piloting new programs, including tax preparation services
- Coordinate with the Technical Assistance team, All Our Kin’s initiative to share our Business Development program with other agencies
- Provide administrative support to Business Team as needed
- Registration, marketing and follow-up communication for webinars and workshops
- Gather feedback from providers on effectiveness of business programs
- Use Salesforce as a platform to record provider engagement and information
- Coordinate communications to the community on new business updates, such as, items for our newsletter and text updates.
- Other duties as delegated from the Business Team.
Who You Are
- You hold deep beliefs in and commitments to
- Making high-quality early care and education available to all children
- Empowering small business owners to transform communities
- Combating systemic racism and injustice
- Building strong relationships
- Focusing on community strengths
- You are fluent in English (bilingual (English/Spanish- preferred)
- You have a bachelor’s degree or four years of experience in business, economic development, public policy, or related fields
- Experience working with Family Child Care Provider community preferred.
- You understand small business topics such as contracts, accounting, insurance and marketing.
- You have experience in curriculum development and/or teaching classes to large groups of adults
- You are knowledgeable about community resources
- You have experience working with people of many different racial, ethnic, and class backgrounds.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google Suite of tools
- Willingness to learn new software platforms
- You are organized, independent, and have the ability to multitask
- You are a creative problem solver, flexible and appreciate working collaboratively
What You Can Expect
All Our Kin is an innovative, high-impact organization that empowers a growing number of family child care providers, children, and families to succeed. As we scale All Our Kin’s reach, we strive to maintain the collaborative, values-centered environment that is our hallmark and to continually invest in the backbone of our organization: our talented, mission-driven team. All Our Kin is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that diversity and opportunity are fundamental to children’s lives and to our work.
Some of the benefits we offer to our staff members include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation time- Three weeks paid annual vacation as well as federal holidays and a December holiday (typically December 24 – January 1)
- Retirement Plan- All Our Kin offers a 403(b) plan
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter here.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈