4 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Business Researcher at Inside.com: Help make our subscribers smarter.
You will read the most important news of the day, grok it, and then create deeper dives by analyzing the data, history, products, companies, services, and executives in and around those stories. Our paid subscribers are CEOs, founders, investors, and big company executives who are looking to efficiently understand the story behind the stories in mainstream news.
- You will work in a fast-paced startup that embraces Kaizen (the process of continually getting better).
- We'll pay you $60,000 to work from home.
- If selected to move forward, we will pay you to co-work on the newsletter for a few days.
- Ability to quickly find & understand information online
- Ability to efficiently source, contact and interview experts
- Ability to read and understand financial documents
- Ability to think critically and write simply
- An understanding of mental models and the leading theories on thinking
- An insatiable appetite to learn more, think from first principles and question everything
You likely consume WaitButWhy, The Knowledge Project, SlateStarCodex, Daniel Kahneman, business bios, Sam Harris, Brain Pickings, Freakonomics, Tim Ferris, Grammar Girl, and similar fare.
We are not looking for traditional journalists, but rather researchers. In this position, you will read today's news from a range of general and industry publications, summarize the information concisely, and then analyze what other questions need to be answered next.
Still reading? Please continue!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈