Business Operations and Finance, VP
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
DotLab is a personalized medicine company focused on women's health and is starting with the development of a cutting-edge molecular diagnostic test for endometriosis. Ten percent of women of child-bearing age suffer from this debilitating disease, which takes an average of a decade to diagnose. We're looking to change that.
While much of the approach to endometriosis is marred by complexity and misinformation, we're looking for someone who is excited to significantly improve the journey and make a lasting impact in women's health. The ideal candidate is excited to ensure this potentially life-changing test reaches the women who need it.
This Vice President, Business Operations & Finance, reporting to the CEO, will understand complex business challenges, define strategic solutions, and execute cross-functionally to achieve objectives. This role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, approaches problems in a structured manner, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to communicate clearly and effectively.
The right candidate will support strategic decision making and model out the financial impact of new opportunities. He or she will work cross-functionally on key initiatives with a direct and quantifiable impact on our P&L, and will be able to identify and shape the key levers that drive the business. The role requires an ability to work across multiple areas of corporate finance and accounting, including routine ledger maintenance and monthly closings, cash management and strategic financial planning.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership that drives business transformation and contributes to our growth goals
- Collaborate with executive and laboratory leadership to understand complex business challenges and define solutions
- Manage full-time and consulting G&A team members across Finance and Human Resources
- Model out the P&L impact of business initiatives and provide recommendations that aid decision-making
- Define and track KPIs to ensure resources are efficiently allocated, and help continuously improve reporting frameworks and tools
- Support company-wide budgeting and forecasting; drive monthly financial reviews to understand key forecast variances and be able to identify any key trends and areas for forecast improvement
- Collaborate on highly visible and cross-functional projects to help prioritize resources and to aid in strategic decision making
- Assist with board materials, fundraising, diligence requests, and other investor facing presentations on an as-needed basis
- Passion for what we do!
- Significant prior experience in Investment Banking, Consulting or Corporate Finance (prior experience at a high-growth start-up is a plus)
- Strong people leadership skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Strong financial modeling skills and a very high level of comfort with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong presentation skills and high level of comfort with Microsoft Powerpoint and Google Slides
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment
- Humility, team-first-attitude, and the ability to get stuff done
- Expertise in recommending, influencing and facilitating organizational, business and process change throughout by applying appropriate change management tools and techniques
- Oversight of the planning, assignment and execution of process improvement projects, analyzing business needs and priorities, monitoring workflow and prioritization of work, and ensuring resources are effectively and efficiently deployed
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈